Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre

Hi,

my laptop is HP Spectre X360 Convertible, 15-bl001na.

I have the same Touchpad bulging problem as for:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-bulging/td-p/7463026

I disassembled my laptop and found the Battery is inflated, so I ordered the raplecement (902499-855), HP  original, from here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184319369061

Well, at this point I would also replace the Keyboard with a diferent Layout, if possible.

I currently have the English UK layout, I would replace it with a English US Layout ("~" key below the "ESC" key).

Are those two keyboards compatible, I mean, can I replace the UK one with the US one without any assembly issue? 

And where I can purchase the US one?

Best,

Lorenzo

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@LoreLu

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

I would suggest you contact HP Support in your Region for Service Options or parts replacement

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ 
2) Select your product type below.
3) Enter the serial of your device. 
4) Select the country from the drop-down. 
5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences. 
6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @

I have followed your procedure, and I get two options: the first one is to come back to this forum, the second one is to get in touch, by phone, with the HP Customer Care service.

I already tried to get support from HP Italian Customer service, in the past (for other reasons) and I found it quite not Technical competent. They didn't solved my issue (which I solved then, by myself).

Then, I would go through the first option, which means having help from this Forum.

Would you please kindly support me in my request?

It is quite easy, I would know the answer to my two questions (said that I'm fully responsible for what I do on my laptop, ever):

- is it possible, from a tech point of view, to replace the EN-UK keyboard to an EN-US keyboard? I mean, are they compatible, at a hardware and BIOS level?

- if the answer to the previous question is "yes", could you please provide me a link where I can purchase an original HP EN-US keyboard for my "HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl001na" laptop?

Looking forward for your support,

Lorenzo

HP Recommended

Yes you can replace the EN-UK keyboard to an EN-US keyboard and change the Keyboard language settings in Windows 

Are you currently located in UK or US?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @KrazyToad

I'm based in Germany (and purchased the laptop on amazon.co.uk).

If you can provide a link, to purchase the official HP keyboard with EN-US layout, which delivers to Germany, would be great. Otherwise I can ask a friend in the UK.

Best,

Lorenzo

HP Recommended

@LoreLu,

You can purchase all the replacement parts available for your computer from the HP part surfer.

Follow the steps in the below article for detailed instructions.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372736

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear

HP Recommended

@LoreLu

If the HP Keyboard ( US ) is not available on the HP UK Part Store, then you will need to contact HP UK Support Team and check if that keyboard is orderable

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Lorenzo,

unfortunately I can't really help you with your issue but I have the exact same laptop and recently spilled something over it, which seems to have damaged my keyboard, so if you find out how to get the US keyboard for yourself, would you mind selling me your old one? 😅

If you're interested, please contact me at bex.jahn at gmail.com

HP Recommended

Hi everybody,

here is my bad experience with this topic (keyboard replacement for HP Spectre X360).

I wanted to replace EN-UK keyboard with EN-US one, which means I was looking to have a different keyboard Layout.

I ordered the EN-US one, HP original, and I discovered that it is made by two parts, the keyboard itself (with his flat cable) and a self-adesive layer behind, for retro-illumination, with its own flat cable.

Well:

- the keyboard flat cable IS DIFFERENTLY PLACED in the two keyboards (US and UK), with a shift of about 1cm which force the flat cable to a very bad torsion and bad bends.

- the retro-illumination layer (US layout) has a flat cable placed FAR AWAY from the other one (UK layout) and then far away from the Motherboard connector. VERY BAD.

Then, I successfully installed the "keboard part", even with that flat-cable torsion, and I have to hardly work adapting the old retro-illumination layer to the new keyboard (different set of screw, different references), in order to have its flat cable plugged into the motherboard.

Above all, I followed this OFFICIAL HP support video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Yhkx6zxTow

which claims to be the same for all the Spectre models, which is absolutely false. Indeed, I had to dismount the whole colling system (not just the fan) because (and it is, again, VERY BAD) the cooling system was hiding one screw, which it is necessary to remove in order to take out the montherboard.

And you know, when you remove the cooling system, you have to pay much attention when you re-assemble it, because you have to re-place the "dissipating paste" between the chipset and the cooling device.

At the end, it worked, but it DOES NOT MAKE any sense that HP designed different flat-cable connectors depending just on the keyboard layout, different screws set, no sense to have to dismount the cooling system out of the chipset when you remove the motherboard... and so on.

I made the same identical intervention (replacing German Keyboard with a US keyboard) on a Dell Latitude 7400, and it was wonderfully smooth and easy, with a very detailed support video (not rough and inaccurate like the Official HP ones are).

No more HP Laptop for me, from now on.

Bye,

Lorenzo 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.