Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi All

I posted this problem sometime back in Dec 2020 here at this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-13-Convertible...

We bought this HP Spectre x360 13 Convertible PC around June 2019 in Germany. In Dec 2020, the first USB-C port stopped charging unless we kept the cable at a certain angle. We switch the port to start using the other one but that one stopped working too last week and now we can't charge it and can't use it. 

As soon as the cable is stirred a bit then it stops charging. This was quite an expensive notebook and only 1.5 years old so I wonder if the charger connection would not be robust enough. Apparently, the pin of the charger does not go in completely but it was always like that. See the attached pictures.

alinazakat_0-1616624692438.jpeg

alinazakat_1-1616624692447.jpeg

The whatsapp chat session with HP support suggested a hardware problem so it must be sent to the HP support but they did not raise any repair ticket for us. I have two questions now:

1. The laptop was given as a gift to a family member who does not live in EU. There is no local HP support in the country where the respective family member resides and so apparently we will have to get it shipped back to Germany. The laptop is still in 2-year warranty. HP warranty check says that it has global coverage with pick-up and shipping included. I pasted the snapshot below:

alinazakat_0-1616625109738.png

So my question is, will the HP reimburse the shipping costs here in this case?

2. My second question is that it was quite an expensive €1400 2-in-1 notebook and multiple usb-c ports have stopped working so we prefer to get it replaced with a new model instead of getting it fixed?. Is there a possibility to get it replaced?.

3. Where to get this repair ticket number so we can ship to HP center here in Germany.

Regards

Ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

I have not been contacted by anyone yet, still waiting. 

Regards

Ali

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I understand your concerns and frustrations

I will escalate your case to HP's regional escalation team and a case manager will get back to you

Please check your Inbox

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your support. I will provide the necessary information you have requested. 

My Internet search suggests that it is a known issue in this model where the central USB chip on the motherboard gets defected. 

Thanks a lot.

Ali

HP Recommended

👍

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi

I have not been contacted by anyone yet, still waiting. 

Regards

Ali

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.