Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought an HP Spectre x360 for college and everything was fine at first.... but for the past couple of months, my laptop has been having some real loud fan issues. Just by starting up the device with minimal programs causes it to whir very obnoxiously.

I only have Skype, Microsoft Office, and a few other basic programs installed on it... is there any way to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @rawrimmakitty,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with a noisy fan. I will be glad to help you.

Can you try the steps in these documents? 

Fan is Noisy and Spins Constantly, PC is Warmer than Normal.

Reducing Heat Inside the PC to Prevent Overheating

Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎

Please keep me informed of how thing went. 

If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @rawrimmakitty,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with a noisy fan. I will be glad to help you.

Please keep me informed of how thing went. 

If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".
To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below! :generic:

Thanks.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an spectre x360 convertible (Windows 10) which I bought 3 months ago. I never had any problem with my laptop since updating the Bang Olufsen software. Since then I hear that the laptop is overheating and I can hear that fan noise.

I tried to open the documents you sent:

but the links don't seem to work. Is there anything I can do to fix the problem? 

I  would appreciate your help very much!

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.