cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

HP Spectre x360 Motherboard got burnt

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have had my spectre x360 for about 2 years, and it's been working great. But the other day, as I was uploading some pictures (didn't seem like I was working the computer too hard), the laptop shut down, and smoke came out of the fan. I opened up the laptop and found that a small area on the motherboard to the right of my SSD was burnt. I paid $1000 for this laptop, and it seems to have gone too soon. I did a search, and it seems that many others have had a similar issue. Hopefully HP will be able to help me out with this matter.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
20,511 15,846 324 968
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jsel0709

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi HP really need to address these overheating issues with their Spectre x360 laptops. Either make the chassis a bit bigger to improve air flow, or improve the actual fan design in the Spectre so that there is no chance of overheating and potential damage to component. Using a laptop for normal everyday use e.g. browsing or watching videos should not make the fan come on and the laptop get hot. This is a design flaw and HP need to address this with future Spectre models. Just my opinion 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was quite happy with HP's customer service. After I posted on this forum, I was contacted in about 30 minutes. Within the next two days, an HP representative called me and confirmed with me that they will repair the laptop at no cost to me. I sent in the laptop on Thursday, and even though they said it will take about 7-9 business days to fix, they sent it back to me by the following Wednesday. Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation