Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 i7 8th gen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Every time I open my laptop within 30 seconds to a minute or so almost every key on my keyboard stops working. The only keys that continue to work are the screen brightness keys and the keyboard backlight toggle key. I am currently forced to use an external keyboard to type everything. It is strange because in that brief window of time before they cut out everything works great and I have full access to the keys.

I have seen that many HP owners have had this problem with their devices and it seems like the common solution is to disable the Intel Interated Sensor Solution in device manager. I have already disabled it, restarted, and the problem persists. I will link the threads that I referring to for reference. 

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/X360-Keyboard-Not-Working/m-p/...

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-keyboard-driver-issue-with-Wi...

https://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/84268-hp-envy-x360-m6-no-keyboard-mouse-after-creators-up...

Windows 10

Version: 20H2

Build: 19042.630

Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@dudrix123

I reviewed your post and I understand that the keyboard is not working after logging in to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you check whether the filter key is turned on. This can also prevent the keyboard from working after booting to Windows.

Open Start menu -> Control Panel. View by Small icons. Click Ease of Access Center -> Make the keyboard easier to use. Uncheck Turn on Filter Keys and click OK to turn off (check to turn on).

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The filter keys were already turned off. 

HP Recommended

@dudrix123

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

a. Press Windows Key, type msconfig in the search box, and hit Enter.

b. On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click Disable all.

c. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.

d. On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click Disable.

e. Close Task Manager.

f. On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click OK, and then restart the computer. Now see if it works fine.

If yes, then it indicates that some other services are causing the issues. I suggest you turn on 5 services at a time which are disabled before, reboot and then see if the problem reappears, keep repeating this until you find a group of 5 services, which are causing this issue, then check the one by one, till you find the one which is causing your issue. Perform the same divide and apply for Startup's too.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of this worked. I tried disabling all of the services you suggested with no change in the keyboard behavior. 

I do notice something that I did not mention before. The keyboard actually works, but there is a 3-5 second delay after every key stroke and not all of the key strokes get registered on the screen once they are rendered. For example, If I open up word and type 'thank you', about 4 seconds later the key strokes will display on the screen and say something like 'thanyo'. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.