Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I am very sad to see that my $1500 laptop is warping and is having monitor problems. This is all happening in less than 2 years.  The laptop has warped so much that the base cover is starting to come off the top cover and the rest of the laptop.  The base cover is barely held by the screws and there is gap as large as 0.5 cm around all 4 sides of the laptop.

I am also having monitor problems where after ~3 hours of use, I see noisy moving red lines appear on the screen.  The lines become worse as time passes, and the only way to make them go away is to turn off the computer and leave it off for 45 minutes.

These are serious manufacturing defects and I am very disappointed to be facing these issues after less than 2 years of light use.  Of course, all of this happens after the warranty period.  I am a college student and I really can't afford to buy another laptop.  I was wondering if there is anything that can be done?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@TheOne2021

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Here are the photos showing the warped base causing a large gap and the noisy monitor.

IMG_2515.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.