Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

I have an HP elitebook 8540W running windows 7 Enterprise SP1 and bluetooth 2.1 + EDR.

I resently purchases an HP bluetooth mouse Z8000.  I can't get the mouse to pair with my elitebook 8540W.  The Z8000 is running bluetooth low energy.

Is there anyway to make the mouse work with my laptop?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I think you found the problem.  The Elitebook 8540W does not support BlueTooth 4.0.  The best i could find was a driver that gave the EliteBook Bluetooth 3.0 support.

The mouse is working correctly.  The mouse connects to my wife's MacBook Air and works as expected. 

It seems the EliteBook 8540W, which is 2.5years old, is too old. 😞

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi Jimbo007,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Z8000 Bluetooth Mouse and pairing with your computer. Here is a link to troubleshooting the mouse. I would use the pairing wizard in this document.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

The HP bluetooth mouse z8000 did not come with a DVD.  Do you know where I can download the latest version of the HP Mouse Control Center?  The link you pointer me to indicates that a product specific DVD is required.

thanks,

jimbo007

HP Recommended

Another comment... The z8000 is NOT a Wi-Fi mouse.  It is a bluetooth mouse.

HP Recommended

Hi Jimbo007,

Pairing would see the Bluetooth Mouse or a Wireless Mouse. It shows me that this device is Windows 8 compatible. There are no drivers as it broadcasts a wireless signal.

In the Control Panel go to hardware and sound devices and printers. Click add a device.
Click Add a Device.
Turn on the Bluetooth Smart mouse, and then press the Connect button on the
bottom of the device. In a few moments, the Bluetooth Smart device should
appear in the list of discovered devices.
Select the device and click Continue to begin the pairing process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I turn on BT on the computer.

I select Add a Bluetooth device.

I turn on the mouse

I push the blue connect button on bottom of mouse.  The LED on the top of the mouse has a blinking sequence which lets you know it is in pairing mode.

The mouse never appears in the list of discovered devices on the computer.

Any other thoughts?

Jimbo007

HP Recommended

Hi Jimbo007,

Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions click here.

They will be able to assist you.

Thanks.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have the same issue with Elitebook 8460p. I've tried several notebooks from the same kind, haven't found a working one. The mouse doesn't even show up at the discovered devices section.

Than I tried my Samsung Galaxy S3 (just for fun), and it worked flawlessly. Also tried an HP Envy x2, and the mouse is working nice and smoothly.

The issue is maybe (in my case) the bluetooth adapter built in. It is a Broadcom 2070, and it does not support Bluetooth 4.0 . That should be the issue. I'm thinking about updateing my wireless card to an Intel 7260 (with bluetooth 4.0 support), that might solve the case.

HP Recommended

I think you found the problem.  The Elitebook 8540W does not support BlueTooth 4.0.  The best i could find was a driver that gave the EliteBook Bluetooth 3.0 support.

The mouse is working correctly.  The mouse connects to my wife's MacBook Air and works as expected. 

It seems the EliteBook 8540W, which is 2.5years old, is too old. 😞

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my Envy 700-19 I went into device manager clicked on bluetooth, went to drivers. Clicked on roll back drivers reinstalled the mouse and it now works just fine

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.