Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Since my laptop was not booting (only a blank screen coming), i ran the advanced diagnostic by pressing F2 while bootung.

After running the Hard drive test  the short DST failed with failure ID PLVLWC-4G24HG-XD6VSG-60TP03.  The notebook is out of warrenty. I did the hard reset by removing the battery & pressing power button it showing positive results.Is the hard drive reparable or should i replace it ? Pls. advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No repairing of hard drives; they must be replaced. 

See page 41 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

It can use any standard 2.5 inch wide 9.5 mm thick laptop hard drive and I recommend you at least get a 7200 rpm drive like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W014M8024

Do you have recovery disks made? If not post back for help with reinstalling software.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

See page 41 of the Service Manual here:

Manual

It can use any standard 2.5 inch wide 9.5 mm thick laptop hard drive and I recommend you at least get a 7200 rpm drive like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA2W014M8024

Do you have recovery disks made? If not post back for help with reinstalling software.

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Dear Expert, Thanks for the solution.

I do have the recovery disks.

Pls. give me link to the service manual  of  HP touchsmart tm-2  Notebook so that I can replace the hard disc myself.

HP Recommended

It is in the middle of my post above

HP Recommended
Since my laptop was not booting (only a blank screen coming), i ran the advanced diagnostic by pressing F2 while bootung.
After running the Hard drive test the short DST failed with failure ID QC01AF-71B8KP-MFKR61-60WV03
Product ID F5Y40UA.
The notebook is out of warrenty. I did the hard reset by removing the battery & pressing power button it showing positive results.Is the hard drive reparable or should i replace it ? Pls. advice
HP Recommended

Nothing has changed in the last 2 and a half years

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.