Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-3013cl Entertainment Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

My laptop was gifted to me from my grandma last time she updated the software was 06/29/14. 

My question is why is it taking so long to update/is it even updating. The download is almost instant but the installing is whats taking so long. Should I factory reset it or is there something else I can do. 

Please help me find a solution.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Antt_ 

Are you sure these are HP Updates?

Asking because the last time I went to update a Win7 laptop, Windows Update saddled me with over 200 updates -- and locked up my PC for two full days downloading and installing the updates.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes they're hp updates I'm on hp support assistant 

HP Recommended

@Antt_ 

I'm surprised with that -- because I have an HP DV6 laptop and HP has not updated anything for it since 2012, so I don't understand why a laptop that was working in 2014 will NOW be getting updates.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

the updates that it shows are HP NOTEBOOK SYSTEM BIOS UPDATE and HP QUICK LAUNCH SOFTWARE 

Another problem is why cant I go online with the note book 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.