Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP 15-bw032wm

I am having trouble upgrading my Hp15-bw032wm to a SSD from HDD. Clean install no OS. I purchased parts from HP Parts store(SDD Board, Bracket) and installed in my notebook. SSD shows up on USB enclosure confirming that it is not a DOA drive. I have downloaded all listed drivers from HP Support. I am wondering whether or not this upgrade would use a different driver/controller than listed under 15-bw032wm manuals due to this being and upgrade from original HDD to SSD with added board. I have updated the BIOS to see if this fixes the 3F0 error. It is a B-key 1TB drive in a B-key Board(OEM).  I have updated BIOS to the latest Rev to try to make certain it wasn't a firmware issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

When you mean a B-Key drive, do you mean NVMe?

Your notebook does not support NVMe drives, only SATA (B + M key).

See chapter 1 of the service manual for the supported drive types.

HP 15 Laptop PC (AMD)* Model numbers: 15-bw0xxHP 15g Laptop PC* Model numbers: 15g-bx0xxHP 15q Lapto...

The B + M key SATA M.2 SSD's will also fit in the slot.

HP Recommended

SSD.jpgBoard Port1.jpg

HP Recommended

The drive in your screenshot is not supported.

You need this type...

Amazon.com: Western Digital 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND Internal PC SSD - SATA III 6 Gb/s, M.2 2280, Up to 5...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.