Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Hi Paul

Already looking forward to baking apple (pan)cakes tomorrow - I live in an apple county too. 😉

So I finally managed to boot the laptop from the USB stick with Windows. I think the drivers were updated automatically. I downloaded Update Assistant, so everything should be ok!  🙂🙂

I am impressed how well this worked and assume you worked with computers professionally? Thanks a lot, I was about to discard the Laptop and now it runs faster than before for little money, as you said it would. 🤗

I lived in British Columbia for 18 months, but my English hast gotten rusty over the years. Glad it was good enough to understand what to do. 😊

And thanks for the nice conversation, I could literally smell your wifes apple pies. 😀

Regards
Andrea
HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Andrea.

I have no training or professional work experience with computers.

It's just a hobby of mine, and I really enjoy helping others with any PC problems that I may be of assistance with.

It has been a pleasure to converse with you, and your English is very, very good!

The apple pie tasted as good as it smelled.  🙂

Take care, and enjoy your rejuvenated PC.

Best Regards,

Paul

HP Recommended
Hi Paul

Thank you for the compliment concerning my English. 😊

It is nice to have people helping others on the internet just for the sake of helping and having fun with a hobby. I sometimes try to do this with health issues, which is none of my profession either. 😉

Take care & heartfelt thanks again! 

Best regards
Andrea
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.