Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-ec0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3550H, GTX 1050 3GB, 8GB RAM

Hello, I have 8GB of RAM of which 2,1 are Hardware reserved. (EDIT: it is not actually solved) I have tried all the know solutions from the Internet but nothing has helped so far. I don't know if I can swap the RAM between each other for fear that I will use my warranty. Another possible fix would be disabling the integrated GPU from BIOS, but this HP BIOS only really allows me to change the BOOT order. I don't know if there is any way to access an advanced tab. Thank you for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

No advanced tab is available. You cannot disable integrated video. The best way to deal with this is just to upgrade to 16 gb RAM by adding a second DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM.

Service Manual 

pp. 27-32. On this model removing the back cover and adding or changing memory, storage or wi-fi card is allowed to end user with no impact on warranty. Any damage caused is on you, however. 

https://www.amazon.it/Crucial-CT8G4SFS824A-Memoria-PC4-19200-260-Pin/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_i...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

No advanced tab is available. You cannot disable integrated video. The best way to deal with this is just to upgrade to 16 gb RAM by adding a second DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM.

Service Manual 

pp. 27-32. On this model removing the back cover and adding or changing memory, storage or wi-fi card is allowed to end user with no impact on warranty. Any damage caused is on you, however. 

https://www.amazon.it/Crucial-CT8G4SFS824A-Memoria-PC4-19200-260-Pin/dp/B01BIWKP58/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_i...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.