Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@cindykprice I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

I am also having the problem of the upper case pulling away from the bottom due to the hinge breaking. I am wondering if there is anything I can do about it? My laptop otherwise is in great condition and I haven't caused any damage to it but my warranty is out of date.

Please help

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Mine doesn't look cracked but the hinge is clearly broken as the upper case is being pulled away from the bottom! I have taken good care of the laptop and it seems to be an ongoing issue with the 15-AU models. Please help

HP Recommended

@jenniemk I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I Have a similar issue.

I do not understand why HP doesn't look into such problems. It makes our work really tough. It is easy for them to market products but when it comes to customer satisfaction they quietly take their hands off. 

I have seen many cases where, right after the warranty expires, the laptop starts giving trouble. Not sure if this really is just a mere coincidence. I have taken very good care of the laptop and despite all the effort my laptop gives me trouble.

Please look into this matter asap. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Hsj1101 I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello there, it's been three days since I have sent you the data and you guys have not taken any further actions. I have heard a lot about how bad HP's service is but now I have realized that its the worst. Cannot believe how shameless a company can be. Hp wants us to suggest their products to everyone and they keep sending us emails but when it comes to them, they happily back off!!

Will make sure that I never suggest Hp products to anyone. 

HP Recommended

Hi there

I am also having the problem of the upper case pulling away from the bottom due to the hinge breaking. I am wondering if there is anything I can do about it? My laptop otherwise is in great condition and I haven't caused any damage to it but my warranty is out of date.

Please help

HP Recommended

Hi,

We have the same issue, brought a lot of HP (Envy and Pavillion) machine for our office used about a year ago..we've encountered the same problem on multiple units.. currently we have more or less 5 units with broken hinges, Is there any recall on this? those laptop was not even drop on the floor and no sign of physical abuse, slowly the hinges pops out and break. The worst thing is I have sent one unit to an authorised service provider and I was told it might not covered by warranty and wait for the quotation of repair cost. It should be escalated to HP as it could be a design error on this models and we shouldn't pay for the repair cost.

HP Recommended

@dhim

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.