Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hey guys, I also have a problem... I heard my laptop model came with the ability to glow as an accent light in my TouchPad area for mouse.

My model no. is Pavilion dv6-7010us (entertainment PC)

any reasons why I cant enable light here? If i double tap it in upper left corner, it will bring up an orange light indicator next to it, but when disabling again it won't pop up as an accent light around my mouse area.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, and my laptop is the same model as yours. I got this laptop today. Can anyone give a solution?

HP Recommended

TYVM been trying to figure out how  for a while now

HP Recommended

just bought the computer today and my track pad light has not turned on at all i tried the fn+space and it still will not turn on can anyone help me

HP Recommended

Thanks so much, helped alot!

HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv 7 Notebook.  My touch-pad track light went out. I can still use the pad, and an orange lite appers when I disable pad.  How do I get the light to come back on?   Please!  and Thank You!

HP Recommended

HI

my TOUCHPAD ON/OFF RED LIGHT IS NOT WORKING when i tap twice the top left on /off button.

when i on /off touchpad its working normally but white light around touch pad didnt off and red light didnt lit.

tell me the solution

HP Recommended
Could you please give me the exact model number of your notebook?

You can use the following document if you need assistance in finding it.

http://goo.gl/GDeRb
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

thanks dear

HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

product number a7b13ua#aba

bios config f.1B-10/24/2012

my touchpad wont light up either. I bought my wife the dv6 and realized hers as a light and mine dont so I looked into it and it says I'm suppose to. fn space dont work. It does on hers but not mine. Is my lightpad broke or something? Comp isn't even a month old yet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.