cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

I want to add extra ram to my PC

HP Recommended
hp g5 probook 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you for the answer

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,516 43,302 6,939 12,192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here are the specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142/document/c05682645#AbT6

Note this:

(2) SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory (both slots are customer accessible/upgradable)
Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

So there are two slots. You have a single 4 gb. It seems odd, but your laptop may actually perform better with 2 x 4 = 8 instead of 4 + 8 = 12. The memory used is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. Max memory would be 2 x 16 = 32 gigs. 

How to:

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I remove the ram from my formal hp laptop, then add it to my laptop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,516 43,302 6,939 12,192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Depends on what kind it is

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation