cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Solved!

I want to add extra ram to my PC

HP Recommended
hp g5 probook 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Thank you for the answer

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
43,516 43,302 6,939 12,192
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here are the specs:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142/document/c05682645#AbT6

Note this:

(2) SODIMM slots supporting dual-channel memory (both slots are customer accessible/upgradable)
Maximized dual-channel performance requires SODIMMs of the same size and speed in both memory slots.

So there are two slots. You have a single 4 gb. It seems odd, but your laptop may actually perform better with 2 x 4 = 8 instead of 4 + 8 = 12. The memory used is DDR4-2400 SO-DIMM. Max memory would be 2 x 16 = 32 gigs. 

How to:

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

Hi friendS! Do you need upgrade and you don't know where to find compatible Components & Tools? . . . . . . . . . . . SSD 2.5" : 1tb: Western Digital WDS100T...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can I remove the ram from my formal hp laptop, then add it to my laptop

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
43,516 43,302 6,939 12,192
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Depends on what kind it is

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation