Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Admittedly, an old machine by most standards -- an HP Spectre x360 Convertible purchased in 2016, I think. If not plugged in, the battery drains within minutes and the laptop shuts down. ~2 yrs ago I looked into a battery replacement - it was suggested to me that either (a) it would be difficult to acquire, or (b) not worth the expenditure.

While it's not my primary, the machine is far from end-of-life. These are the specs. Possible it can be replaced? If so, would be grateful for a direct product link or suggestions on where to look.

Cheers.

foto_no_exif.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nirAmaya,

According to HP (see: https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=T6T09UA), the replacement battery for your laptop has part number: 831731-850 ("ASSY-BATT 3C 64WHr 5.68Ah PG03064XL-PL") -and it is the part number AND the description ("PG03064XL") that tells me what is needed.  Here's an example of a quality replacement battery you can get via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-Replacement-15-AP011DX-15-AP012DX-15-AP000NF/dp/B09TK5M4LP/ref=sr_1_1_ss....

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@nirAmaya,

Would you please be a bit more specific with regards to  your laptop, such as: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 14-ea0003ne?

Much obliged!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Sure thing. It's a HP Spectre x360 - 15-ap012dx. Full specs for Product Number T6T09UA here.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@nirAmaya,

Maybe this will help:

NonSequitur777_1-1654800247942.png

Which of these four batteries looks like yours?

Kind Regards,

NonSquitur777

HP Recommended

Seems I misplaced the pics I took when I opened the machine up couple of years ago. Will check again and get right back to you. Need to open it up.

HP Recommended

@nirAmaya,

No worries, the info you just provided is all I need! -Will respond momentarily.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@nirAmaya,

According to HP (see: https://partsurfer.hp.com/partsurfer?searchtext=T6T09UA), the replacement battery for your laptop has part number: 831731-850 ("ASSY-BATT 3C 64WHr 5.68Ah PG03064XL-PL") -and it is the part number AND the description ("PG03064XL") that tells me what is needed.  Here's an example of a quality replacement battery you can get via Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/ZTHY-Replacement-15-AP011DX-15-AP012DX-15-AP000NF/dp/B09TK5M4LP/ref=sr_1_1_ss....

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Really appreciate your help! I've never bought 3rd party replacements but low-risk, high-reward here. I take it HP not producing these? In your experience, what's the biggest risk if it's a mismatch? I'd have a recovery drive prepared, etc.

HP Recommended

@nirAmaya,

Excellent questions!  -You see, HP doesn't produce/sell the OEM batteries anymore, so you've little choice but to consider 3rd party replacement parts. My experience with 3rd party replacement batteries has been very favorable.  Especially if you buy them through a reputable online Ecommerce retailer such as Amazon.  Amazon stands behind the products they sell, and in the unlikely event you have an issue, they will replace/reimburse you.

There is almost zero chance that something catastrophic will happen when you install the new battery. As long as the battery has the same dimensions and power connection assembly, you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

In other words, you should be A-OK!

HP Recommended

@nonsequitur777

Wonderful - thanks again.

Ordered and will report back.

Have a great day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.