Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 15-dw0004ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! I own a Hp notebook 15-dw0004ne, (Product number: 6RQ41EA#ABV),

I claimed a warranty for the keyword replacement. However, the replaced part isn't working properly. Sometimes, all keys perform well, majority of the time, half of the keyboard is non-operational. The warranty was claimed several times for the same issue, however, the root problem has been resolved and the warranty has expired last month.

Kindly assist me with what to do now to get my laptop fixed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@Tareen,

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi@Tareen, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand you have keyboard issues with your PC.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Have you tried checking with an external keyboard does the issue persist?

As you mentioned keys on the keyboard stops functioning correctly.

Try few steps recommended below.

Turn off the computer and then restart it.
Press the Esc key repeatedly to see if a startup menu opens.
If a setup menu does not open, the integrated keyboard hardware is not working. The integrated keyboard in the notebook should be serviced or replaced. To continue using the notebook, connect a USB-wired keyboard to a USB port and restart the computer.
If a setup menu opens, use the arrow keys to navigate the menus. If these keys are working in the startup menu, but then fail when Windows loads, the problems might be related to the keyboard software.
Restart the computer.
In Device Manager, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard software:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Click View and select Show Hidden Devices.
Click the arrow next to Keyboards, right-click the keyboard device name, then select Uninstall to remove the device from Windows.
Continue removing device names in the Keyboards category until all device names have been uninstalled.
Restart the notebook. Right-click Start (), select Shut down or sign out, then select Restart.
Wait for the computer to restart and open Windows.

Refer to this article to further troubleshoot keyboard issues with your PC.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Dear Praveenbv, thank you for writing back. I have already tried this method while searching on YouTube. However, esc key works, as well as arrow keys on startup menu.... I tried uninstalling driver, I didn't help either.... Function keys (F1, F2, F3,..., F12) all keys work. Except my keyboard stop responding when I am in windows mode.

Sometimes, all keys work, and majority of the time, half of the keyboard denies corporation. 

HP Recommended

Hi@Tareen,

Let's try with pushing fn key and function key that might work 

The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI came preinstalled on all HP laptops since 2009 and all HP desktops using a UEFI BIOS manufactured since June 2012, HP PC Hardware Diagnostics enables you to test the main components on your computer using the Fast test or longer, more comprehensive tests. You can use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows.

Let us initiate the keyboard test by following the below steps:

• Turn off the laptop.
  • Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

• On the main menu, click Component Tests.

Figure : Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

• The Component Tests menu displays. Your Component Tests menu might be different, depending on the components installed on your computer.

Figure : Sample list of Component Tests

Sample List of the Component tests

• Keyboard Test - The Keyboard test provides a quick interactive functional test of the keys on the keyboard. A keyboard is required for this test. To run the test, click Keyboard, and then click Run once.

The Keyboard Test time is 3 minutes.

If the keyboard test runs and fails then you may reach out to our HP phone support team to explore the available service options for your laptop. 

Hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 

HP Recommended

Hello there, I have tried it multiple times.... few keys weren't operational....( Q, W, E, R, O, P, 1, 2, NUM0, NUM4, NUM-ENTER, right-shift-button)

The funny thing is, I was instructed by the pc to skip if the keyboard doesn't respond physically..... inspite of missing buttons, the computer wrongfully passed the component's test.

I really am out of options, I am unsure what actually is the problem....

HP Recommended

Hi@Tareen,

Wehave done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

I  claimed the warranty thrice for the same problem. However, they were unable to fix this machine and the warranty has expired too... I don't know who should I go to, if it has failed to be fixed officially. 

HP Recommended

Hi@Tareen,

You may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, use the HP Parts Surfer to find the part number and If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal. 

  

Alternatively, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started: 

  

1) Click on this link

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step: 

3) Enter the serial of your device. 

4) Select the country from the drop-down. 

5) Click on "Show Options". Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself! 

  

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, here's how private messages work: Click here for details.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Have a great day!  

HP Recommended

Dear Pravennbv, 

I am unable to send you any message, I can't find the icon, mentioning to write you a message, as per your last shared link.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Tareen_0-1633633361302.png

HP Recommended

Hi@Tareen,

Thank you for waiting! I understand your concern and to help you out, I have escalated your concern to HP's Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options (if any). 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send us a Private Message, if you aren't contacted within 4-5 business days.  

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

And Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.