Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-CX0058WM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Be aware that removing the LCD panel from an HP laptop that uses adhesive tape to take it off. The 15-CX series, such as my 15-CX0058WM has two very small (1/4" or so) black "tabs" under the LCD panel that you are supposed to pull. They are supposed to be strong enough to both detach and remove the rest of the adhesive tape that is about 10 inches long!

Well, simply physics means that the tab is very likely to rip off, and it sure did for me. The other tab only pulled out about 3" of the tape before it ripped. It's possible that the adhesive tape becomes less flexible over time too.

If you don't get off all the adhesive tape from those tabs, then you run into a big problem because the panel is very strongly attached to the back. The only way to get it off is to pry it off. I tried very carefully to work around the panel and loosen up the tape, but it was impossible. I had to apply more pressure, and this LCD screen is fragile so it started to crack in spots, destroying it.

This is the craziest design I have ever seen. Every other laptop I've used has a simple screw bracket attachment for the panel that just comes off easily. This much adhesive tape, that is expected to be removed by pulling on a 1/4" piece of tape, is insane.

Here's the HP video of this, even this guy has trouble removing it but he's probably using a much newer laptop where the tape is still stronger to do so:
https://youtu.be/uDFgqXlLaY4?t=1789

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PostalAnnex, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.