Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Like hundreds of other hp laptop owners, my case is broken and coming apart at the corners by the hinge.  Opening and closing is making it worse over time. 

MODEL  17-by4095cl

Prod ID  4Q8Y3UA#ABA

I previously contacted hp Support CHAT and explained this and sent photographs, and the representative was going to send a box for me to return the device in.  However, I was leaving town for three (3) weeks so the support rep asked me to contact her again upon my return.  When I returned, there was no record of our conversation nor could I initiate another CHAT with someone else.  Not that any of this matters - it doesn't change the fact that this laptop was coming apart and hp needs to make it right. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tranderson2

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

It's been another few days and still no response, no reply, no resolution..  I'm a long, LONG time hp user - several laptops, my desktop is and hp, and I've had a few hp printers.  And now that ai think of it, my previous hp laptop had the same problem - the screen portion was completely breaking away from the body, so I bought this one to replace it.  In less than a year this one began coming apart.   The support, or total lack of support from hp is unacceptable and while I hate to be "that guy" that talks **bleep** about a company that has failed to back up their products, I don't think I'll have a problem with it in this instance.  This is a common problem which is a direct result of a poor design and poor choice of materials.  It's for the most part, snap-together plastic.  Step up, hp, or go the way of Gateway. 

HP Recommended

Another 3 days have passed and 72 people have read my problem but nobody cares to address it.  Really poor response, hp.  Really sad.  This is not what one would call SUPPORT.

HP Recommended

Another couple of days and when I opened the case today a piece of the case  in the left, hinge corner, on the side where the charging cord plugs in, just broke off.  A big chunk of plastic  just fell out and the light bulb inside is clearly visable.  STILL no response from anyone at hp and certainly no responses from this "COMMUNITY OF EXPERTS".  This is a very prevalent problem with these laptops that cost upwards of $800 to $900 yet are housed in cheap plastic and a poorly designed hinge.  The folks at hp are more than aware of it yet refuse to do anything about it.  Make no mistake.  There are hundreds if not thousands of these laptops with the same problem.  This will get worse until it's unusable and I will have to buy another on but this time, should I buy another hp?  Will someone from hp step up?  Will one of these self-proclaimed experts have the moral courage to respond?  We're up to 98 views and zero contacts, so check back soon and check back often.  YOU may change your mind about hp if they continue to ignore this and ignore me.

ou

HP Recommended

@tranderson2

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP did eventually fix my issue fairly quickly once it got rolling.  However, there has to be a better way to ask for help and address the situation, even if it does not result in a positive solution.  Posting your problems here and waiting and  hoping someone notices your entry and then actually responds is no way to do it.  Not to mention the fact that once the warranty is up, any chats or discussions with hp support are deleted as though the customer never existed.   It's demeaning and insulting.

That's all I've got.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.