Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 17

Hello, 

I am have the same issues. Ive had my laptop for quite a while now and it is still in pristine condition. I have noticed that recently the left screen hinge is sort of loose and it pulls apart when I open the screen. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Dmann

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Dmann

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Hello Omar! I am having the exact same issue. If you could also forward my information to the same team, that would be wonderful.

HP Recommended

@BloodKlotz

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue: left hinge pulls the top of the laptop away and creates a huge gap between the two cover parts. I have lived with this problem for 5 months and now the power button right next to the hinge wont turn on the laptop when I press it. It seems like a major design issue. I would like to have my reply forwarded too.

HP Recommended

@jerome357

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have a HP envy m6 notebook laptop and am recently started getting an issue with its left hinge. When am opening my laptop left  corner top case is separating from bottom case. I don’t know if it’s because of hinge issue. When i switch on my laptop am getting an error message that cooling fan is nit working properly. It came to my notice that many people are facing this same problem. Am a big fan of HP laptops and i do have faith in hp to get this issue resolved.Could you please look into this issue and get this fixed for me.

Model number- m6-n015d

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

HP Recommended

@SandeepPatra

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I've been reading through similar posts today about the left hinge issue. I've already paid to replace it one time and I don't think I should have to again given its a common issue with these models.  Not to mention when I paid to have it fixed before when my laptop was sent back certain keys stopped working after a month of the repair and it sounded like something was loose in there. I don't have the money to replace anything at this time. It's discouraging to see its an ongoing issue with these computers. 

HP Recommended

@Craftymomangel

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.