Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (358 Views)
Accepted Solution

Left hinge issues

Product Name: HP ENVY 17

Hello, 

I am have the same issues. Ive had my laptop for quite a while now and it is still in pristine condition. I have noticed that recently the left screen hinge is sort of loose and it pulls apart when I open the screen. Can anyone help point me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Left hinge issues

@Dmann

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

View solution in context
Retired
Message 2 of 6 (354 Views)

@Dmann

‎Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.

Thank you,
Omar

I Work for HP
Student
Message 3 of 6 (302 Views)

Hello Omar! I am having the exact same issue. If you could also forward my information to the same team, that would be wonderful.

Message 4 of 6 (301 Views)

@BloodKlotz

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Student
Message 5 of 6 (200 Views)

I have the exact same issue: left hinge pulls the top of the laptop away and creates a huge gap between the two cover parts. I have lived with this problem for 5 months and now the power button right next to the hinge wont turn on the laptop when I press it. It seems like a major design issue. I would like to have my reply forwarded too.

Message 6 of 6 (197 Views)

@jerome357

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation