Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 17-by-1053DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting here, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong board. 

About two weeks ago, I sent my HP Laptop in to be repaired after discovering a few internal defects. After my expected delivery date had passed (01/12), I called HP several times, until yesterday, when I finally discovered that there is a shortage of parts and my computer won’t be repaired until February 20th (roughly 6 weeks from original ship date).

Yesterday, after explaining that I need my computer for online classes by February 1st, an HP representative mentioned that I would be able to receive a “loaner” laptop until mine is returned to me on 02/20. 

My question is: Is it normal practice for HP to loan computers or laptops  during a delayed repair? I just want to make sure that I’m not planning on it if it’s not going to happen

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PhillipJFry97

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have been promised a loaner laptop by the agents on the HP support chat but it appears no one follows through with getting that laptop sent to you. I was originally told repair of my laptop would take a week, now has been pushed back to 2.5 months..... I’m told to wait 48 hours for someone to contact me regarding the loaner laptop, but after 4 attempts, each 48 hours apart, still no movement on getting that loaner. 

HP Recommended

Thanks for sharing your experience. Yeah, that confirms it, they’re just trying to stall us and keep us busy. I’ll be asking for a new laptop or informing them that I’ll be contacting the BBB for insurance/warranty fraud. This costumer service is UNACCEPTABLE. 

HP Recommended

Its easy to the laptop on installment and on loan systems. Some companies provide the option of loan to get laptop. Read more about the insurance and loan system of small devices. 

HP Recommended

Actually yes, but is weird in ur case, in my case i got asked if i wanted a loner laptop incase my computer got delayed before they send me the packeging to send my computer,  also i added the hp extended warranty idk if it has anything to do but they received it the same day i sent it and i dont have to worry about shopping fees since its all coverd by the extended warranty 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.