Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

@khwai wrote:

Can you try and remove the existing BT drivers belonging to your dongle, reboot and let Windows detect the hardware changes? I did not have any other BT dongle drivers prior to swapping the card.

The dongle didn't come with drivers. I just plugged it in and Windows detected it and loaded the BT drivers itself. 

I removed the dongle a couple of weeks ago, before instaling the Ralink card, but I don't see anything in Device Manager about BT to remove drivers. 

HP Recommended

If I replace the drive with an SSD, can anyone tell me the write speed capability of the  F222WM? My SSD is 3.0 Gb/s

HP Recommended

Hi @hazbeen

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query in this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know the write speed of the hard drive.

Don’t worry, we will work together to resolve this issue and It’s a pleasure to assist you in this regard.

I would like to know what write speed are you referring to? If you want to know the write speed of the hard drive, I recommend you to check the hard drive specification and you will get the information.

I can help you with the write speed of the hard drive what came with the computer. I see that your computer came with 500GB 5400RPM SATA hard drive and usually the read and write speed of this hard drive will be 250 to 300 MB/s.

NOTE: The speed also depends on many other factors.

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The write speed of my SSD hard drive is  3.0 Gb/s.  Computers can only write at certain speeds to a hard drive. Some  6.0 Gb/s or faster/slower.

If I want to install my  3.0 Gb/s SSD drive in my F222WM is the F222WM capable of that speed? Or is it slower or even faster?

HP Recommended

Hi @hazbeen

As per the user manual of your computer, I do not see any supported SSD's for your computer. As the SSD is not tested by HP, I will not be able to provide you the information about the speed of the SSD.

Please refer to the below user manual for the computer for more information.

http://hp.care/2riMJIW

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, you are not able to provide the write capable speed of the hard drive for my F222WM. Thanks for the info.

Can you provide the specifications for F222WM:

Ethernet port- how fast top speed?

WiFi band width- top capable speed?

USB 3 - is it true super speed USB 3 which can handle up to 5gbps (640MBps)?

Thanks for your help

HP Recommended

Hi @hazbeen

Please find the below link for the product specification.

http://hp.care/2rXZ3i7

The service manual provided in my previous post has all the information related to your computer.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care Smiley Happy

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@hazbeen wrote:

If I replace the drive with an SSD, can anyone tell me the write speed capability of the  F222WM? My SSD is 3.0 Gb/s

Depends on the read speed of the media your copying from.

The maximum obtainable is already answered in your post.

HP Recommended

No it is not answered in my post.

Does no one understand?

How fast is the laptop capable of writng to any hard drive?

What is the top write speed of the laptop? NOT THE HARD DRIVE.

The laptop has limitations as to what speed it can write to any hard drive.

HP Recommended

Product specs DO NOT answer any questions I am posting here.

Does ANYONE know the REAL specs of this machine?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.