Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15-n235sl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I want to know how much ram I can add to my notebook.. actually I have 12 gb (8+4) and I want to add another 8 ram.. total 16.. but I find on internet that my motherboard supports only 12 😞 it's possible?

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @blackrose81 

I'm 99% sure that 16 GB will work just fine, or I would not have replied to this post.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Maximum-RAM-my-laptop-can-hand...

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

hi

HP Pavilion 15-n235sl Notebook PC Product Specifications

Intel Core i7-4500U

12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Two SODIMM customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slotsDDR3L-1600-MHz dual channel supportDDR3L-1600-MHz single channel supportSupports up to 12 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600MHz module), (select modelsonly)

12 gb approved by hp
in rare cases it is possible to install more, but we cannot guarantee it here

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ouhmmm 😞 I'm sooo sad... thank you 😞

HP Recommended

please click on the accept as solution button

if message provided an answer /

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @blackrose81 

The service manual is incorrect regarding the max memory spec.

You can install 2 x 8 GB of memory in your notebook for a total of 16 GB.

The Crucial memory report for your notebook confirms this...

https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP-Compaq/pavilion-15-n235sl

HP Recommended

@Prométhée wrote:

hi

HP Pavilion 15-n235sl Notebook PC Product Specifications

Intel Core i7-4500U

12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB, 1 x 8 GB)

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC HP Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC - Maintenance and Service Guide

Two SODIMM customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slotsDDR3L-1600-MHz dual channel supportDDR3L-1600-MHz single channel supportSupports up to 12 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600MHz module), (select modelsonly)

12 gb approved by hp
in rare cases it is possible to install more, but we cannot guarantee it here

this is what i indicate here
hp often gives information based on what has been tested and approved.
The site that I also often recommend is not based on hp information most often
we know for example that the processor here can manage 16 GB

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/75460/intel-core-i7-4500u-processor-4m-cache-up...

Max Memory Size (dependent on memory type) 16 GB

crucial is  based on it
but it works quite often, a risk to take or not!

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi, @blackrose81 

I'm 99% sure that 16 GB will work just fine, or I would not have replied to this post.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Maximum-RAM-my-laptop-can-hand...

HP Recommended

thank you!

HP Recommended

Emoticone et smiley bravo

Thx @Paul_Tikkanen 

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Please post back and let us know how the memory upgrade project went.

You may be able to get the Crucial memory in Italy that is recommended as compatible.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.