Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My pavilion dv2418nr wireless switch light stays orange, will not go to blue, will not recognize any surrounding neighborhood connections.  ISP says the router is fine, that it is the laptop switch not allowing the wireless card to read any connections. HP tech had me connect the Ethernet cord from the router to the laptop....I got on internet fine...however, that's a hard connect.  Has anyone had this problem with their switch?  i think until that little light turns blue I'm out of luck.  Thanks for you help:smileyhappy:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try a Hard Reset as follows.

Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and start the notebook.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

thank you so much! you are an expert....blue light is back on...now I have to set up my connection with ISP again and I will be up and running.  ..........I do have another issue with this same notebook.  The internal mouse sometimes stops working properly...I will lose the arrow and it will just highlight.  I then have to turn off and reboot and hopefully get the arrow back...any suggestions?  And thank you again so much.....I talked with 3 people today and no one told me that one sentence cure!  Thanks again.....bkt2

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome, glad it helped :generic:

Regarding the Touchpad, download the latest Synaptics Driver Installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp37001-37500/sp37065.exe

Next, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for 'Synaptics Pointing Device Driver' and select Uninstall.  When this has completed, restart the notebook.

When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click on the Synaptics installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.  When this has completed, restart the notebook again and see if this has helped.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Thank you....i will try that tomorrow.  I am exhausted today but happy that you solved my light switch problem.  Just got off phone with ISP and now I am back on the internet wirelessly!  Thank you much, bkt2 :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome, let me know how it goes with reinstalling the drivers for the TouchPad.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Hi...No the touchpad solution did not work.  Do you have anyother solutions? I appreciate your help.

Thanks, bkt2

HP Recommended

Hi,

Shut down the notebook.  Tap away at f8 as you start the notebook to enter Windows Recovery Console.  Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode and hit enter.  Let windows fully load in this mode and then see if you still get the same issue with the TouchPad occuring.  Let me know the result.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended
Pls sir my previlion entertainment laptop wireless light stay orang and am try to turn it but refuse to on and sir I can't able to use my Bluetooth and my Bluetooth cant search for new device
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.