Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 6575b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've tested literally two boxes of different wifi+bluetooth combos (aproximately a hundred, prerhaps a hundred plus a dozen, surely not all of them were different models, but rather different samples nonetheless). And none of them had any bluetooth functionality under Win10. Several of them were simultaneously tested in an Acer laptop right by the side, and worked like a charm. Conclusion was: one can get wifi functionality from virtually any module, yet bluetooth is only available from a dedicated usb module in the front under the touchpad nearby the modem. And yes, it is going to be very weak, thanks to magnesium bezel and aluminium palmrest.
Me myself ended with an intel 7260 dual band + bluetooth 4.0 combo, no operational BT obviously, but with an AC mode.

Update: surely some of the modules were also tested on the same 6475b laptop running Linux, not only Win 10. Including the one I finally left in the laptop - the intel 7260: laptop has a dual boot Win 10/Linuxmint 19.3.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

But the BT function is enabled in the BIOS correct?

--------
If the answer is helpful mark it with Kudos by clicking on the kudos button. If your problem is solved then mark it as solved. Thanks 🙂

P.S.
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi, @yurilevikov 

If the notebooks have bluetooth, most of the time people had the bluetooth turned off with the HP connection manager in W7 when they did the upgrade to W10.

When that happens, the bluetooth stays off and the connection manager doesn't work on W10.

The easiest way to get the BT to work in that situation is to make a bootable Ubuntu installer from the link below.

https://ubuntu.com/download

Boot from the Ubuntu installer.  Select the option to "Try Ubuntu without installing."

If the PC has bluetooth hardware, you should be able to turn it on in Ubuntu.

Once you do that, shut down the PC, remove the Ubuntu installer, turn it back on and the bluetooth should be enabled and present in the device manager.

HP Recommended

Please show us a screenshot of a corresponding menu item in the 6475b bios.

Mind you, the laptop does have BT functionality but only from a dedicated module and not the pcie combo.

HP Recommended

I have updated the OP: some of the tests were carried in Linux.

Also, please read the OP again.

HP Recommended

OK, I misunderstood that the notebook has the internal USB BT adapter, which works.

I can tell you for a fact that the Intel bluetooth will not work on any HP notebook with or without the separate bluetooth radio from that time period, that has an AMD processor and chipset.

So that is why the Intel bluetooth doesn't work.

The only suggestion I can offer, since I don't see that you have tried it would be to unplug the cable to the internal USB bluetooth adapter, and find a Broadcom wifi/bluetooth card to test it with.

Maybe the BIOS only allows one internal BT device to work, and having the USB BT adapter connected, prevents the wifi card's bluetooth from working.

HP Recommended

I had tested more than a hundred modules. Various. Most of them were not intel modules. Surely the dedicated Broadcom module had been both pluged and unpluged.

This particular 7260 module along with couple other intel modules, 6235 for instance, failed to show their bluetooth abilities to an EliteBook 8470p either.

And yes, pin 51 trick was also tested. And pin 20.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.