Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't get into BIOS because I had to replace my battery and now I get a boot up message that a non HP battery is detected. There was nothing to tell me that I had to buy a HP battery; this is a real problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@rdwray1 That's seems like a fair plan, please do that and let us know how that pans out,

Keep me posted and have a good day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi There,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number?

Can you share the battery details aswel.

Keep me posted.

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

@Raj1788

Product name : HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cp0xxx

This is what came with the laptop: Battery LK03XL; L09281-855

The new battery is: LK03XL; 916814-855.

HP Recommended

@rdwray1 I'm not sure where you got the battery from, however, if you've looked at the HP Maintenance and service guide before ordering the same, it should be the correct replacement battery, however, if you didn't check the guide or order the part from the HP Parts store, here's what I'll need to confirm if you have the right part:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need! ((HP ENVY X360 Convertible 15m-Cp0xxx this is incomplete))

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Keep me posted,

And Good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

All the information that I have, but I hope that it is expected for a battery supplier to have any information on all this.

Product name : HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-cp0xxx

Product number : 3WW57UA#ABA

Software build ID : 18WW1EFT602#SABA#DABA

Motherboard ID : 8497

BIOS : F.46-11/15/2019

Keyboard revision : 92.48

Total memory : 8 GB

Processor name : AMD Ryzen 5 2500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx

HP Recommended

@rdwray1 I went through the details and here's what I see as a befitting replacement for your battery: L09281-855 (Anything else may not work)

Power requirements:

Supports a 3-cell, 52-WHr, 4.55-AHr, Li-ion battery

Supports a 65-W HP Smart AC adapter non-PFC, 4.5-mm (with mount) AC adapter

Click here to verify the same.

you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Riddle_DecipherI appreciate the help and I will validate the solution when everything settles down. I have already changed out one battery, that is why I am getting the non HP battery error and I am waiting on a refund before I buy another one which will be in about a week.

HP Recommended

@rdwray1 That's seems like a fair plan, please do that and let us know how that pans out,

Keep me posted and have a good day, ahead.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@ Yep, it worked, thanks 😀

HP Recommended

@rdwray1 That's awesome, I'm glad it worked,

Remember, if you ever need help related to your HP device,

We'll be right here and happy to help, take care and have an awesome day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.