Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen 15 2020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone! That's my first post in here and probably I would have never even signed up if it wasn't for two thing about my brand new laptop that make me uncertain about what to do or think. 

Let's get straight to the point then! Two issues, which seem to be mainly aesthetic but...who knows. 

-Keyboard: some keys are not flat...like, they're "slanted" (?) or tilted to one corner. Each key affected is actually affected in a different way, but you can clearly see what I am talking about looking at the photos.  Regarding this very problem I couldn't find nothing in the whole internet. So I am really curious to here from you! 

-Touchpad: when it comes to it I must say I have already read about lots of similar issues from other users buutt....in my case maybe it's more of a lighter version of the issue.

First of all , the touchpad too (as the keys) is clearly bent to the right corner. You can tell it by putting your finger there and feeling that the frame's profile is slightly higher and the response very slightly mushier than the left one which is almost at the same level of the frame (and chassis) itself. But there's more to it. In fact, if I tap on it with a little more intensity than a light tap (I am not talking about clicking, but properly tapping like on a touch device.Even if I guess in English the two words are fairly different unlike in Italian ahah) it rattles doing that strange sound that you can hear in the video (in which I talk in Italian, sorry for that). 

Nonetheless, I feel like its somehow a lighter issue in my unit because if I tap gently or scroll and do tracking etc. I don't hear or feel nothing strange, like looseness ore things like that. But I must tap way gently than I thought.

So my question is, I have a normal unit or a defective one? I mean, maybe I am just a perfectionist or maybe it is normal to have some tilted keys and hear a false click when tapping with a certain amount of gentleness ahaha

In addition, could these issues get worst in time or damage the laptop or whatever? 

I could send it to Hp (I have already talked of that with the shop's staff) but I don't want to overcharge Hp with useless requests or throw a laptop for something stupid. 

Thank you in advance, and I hope you can forgive me for being lengthy 😅

Link to the video 

Link to the Images  

"I believe that hands are not a part of our body, but of our soul."
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Paarrinss

I reviewed your post and I understand that the keyboard and the touchpad are slightly bent.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my laptop, the touchpad sounds don't really bother much but some of the keys on the top side of the keyboard look bent and you can really see it when the backlight is turned on. Is it possible to get this replace under warranty?

IMG_20210220_164903.jpgIMG_20210220_164905.jpgIMG_20210220_164919.jpgIMG_20210220_164924.jpgIMG_20210220_165037.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi! As far as I am concerned, I can tell you I brought all the problems I wrote about in this topic to the attention of HP's assistance and they recognized the touchpad as having an issue. Unfortunately the keyboard, in my case (which seems to be very similar to yours), they stated it was not a verified issue to take care of. 

By the way, at the end my PC came back with only a little improvement: the fact that the touchpad isn't bented anymore. But it still is noisy, the keyboard is still the same and the noises that I heard coming from the bottom are still there. They're electrical noises which happen to get louder when the laptop in charging with di AC adaptor connected. 

So, maybe you can also consider to not bother yourself with all this assistance stuff...it could be a waste of time and energy. But you could also be lucky or luckier than me, at least. I suggest you call the assistance number, they will ask you for pics and explanation of the problems and then tell you if your laptop needs help or not. You will then decide. If it is just a metter o keyboard and it works well, meaning the problem is only an aesthetical one, well...

"I believe that hands are not a part of our body, but of our soul."
HP Recommended

Hi @Paarrinss,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.