Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Accelerator Shell
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 2017 13" Spectre x360 hooked up to the Omen Accelerator. The USB & Ethernet is very laggy on the Accelerator Shell's ports.

I cannot game online using the intended config. Ethernet is very laggy and my mouse and keyboard flicker quite a lot and suffer i/o delays. I have all the latest firmwares, drivers et al. I am using an external 4K display, connected via display port. Worth mentioning I have the GTX 1060 GPU and a 4TB drive in the Accelerator - they work fine.

The work-a-round on ethernet dissapears when I switch to wifi. I have just ordered a USB hub to hook directly up the Spectre x360. This work-around should also solve the USB lag. I have read about other eGPUs with USB ports having similar issues.

I should be able to use the features of the product as advertised in an issue free, non-workaround way. It's a shame I can't use the Omen's network accelerator software for example.

Any advice or ideas please?

46 REPLIES 46
HP Recommended

Bump.

The powered USB hub + TB3 Ethernet adapter cable is the workaround. Not as elegant as the advert though. I even tried different TB3 cables. Stock and a 2m active cable - same issue.

I half suspect the 4K display is saturating the TB3 controller and/or using GPU overclocking utils is causing the port lag. I was hopping some HP boffin (ie beyond level 1)  would reply here so I don't need invest any more time or money.

Certainly not working as advertised but I'm still happy.

HP Recommended

Hi @JetPac76,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any.

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends).

Response times may vary by region.

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I think I'm having the same issue as you are.

Spectre 13 X360 2017 model

hooked up to a Omen Accelerator shell

MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X

A samsung EVO 850 SSD

ALL my devices connected to the USB ports on omen including keyboard/mouse and headsets experience stuttering. The headsets even disconnects/reconnect as a USB device.

Tried:

I have downloaded some monitoring software trying to isolate the issue and it does not seem to coincide with heavy graphics card usage (GPU usage sometimes are less than 20% when the stuttering happens).

I have 2 x 24in 1080p screen and I've tried to use only one to reduce display bandwith - doesn't seem to work.

Tried to use a different mouse the problem persists.

Same as you after putting everyting on to a USB hub directly connected to the X360's USB port the issue seems to be gone. So it's pretty obvious there's something wrong with the Omen Accelerator either software or hardware.

I haven't paid too much attention to the internet lag (the usb issue has made it impossible to play any online game anyway.)

Hope HP can find out the issue and issue a fix soon.

Steve

HP Recommended

Hi there - not sure could you please help escalate my case as well. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Still no resolution other than work-a-round described above. Omen is HP Inc's gaming brand. If the Accel doesn't work properly under full GPU load then we deserve to be told. 

Still happy - at list price with USB dock + TB main machine ethernet - its still delivers excellent value.

Come on Inc, please reply!

To recap x360 13" mid 2017 (TB*4) suffering Omen Accel port lag under full load.

HP Recommended

I have the same exact problem, mouse and keyboard is lagging while connected to the Omen Accelerator. Everything on the latest driver and software.

Computer: 
HP 1030 G2 x360.

Read online that this seems to be a problem with the bios on other Thunderbolt devices and was fixed for the older computers in BIOS 1.09A.. but I can only upgrade to 1.08A

HP Recommended

Any comment HP?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem, please let me know how to resolve!

Accelerator connected to a Spectre x360

All drivers/bios/firmware up to date

Mouse & keyboard connected to Accelerator USB ports, both constantly disconnecting/reconnecting to my computer.

HP Recommended

I am also experiencing this problem. i plan to call HP on monday when their help center reopens.
Both keyboard and mouse experience drop outs and lag when connected to the usb ports on the accelerator.
I am using a razer blade stealth and currently no GPU inside the accelerator, i was just testing the usb ports so i can confirm it is not an issue with load.
I would love a solution to this other than using a USB hub as that defeats the purpose of me buying the accelerator.

please HP fix this issue or offer me some form of refund as this is not a working product.

It is worth noting i have tried the USB ports with my friends 360Spectre connected and it experiences the same issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.