Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 15 n019ax
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavillion 15 n019ax laptop which is nearly 3 years old now. My laptop suddenly doens't start for the last 2 days.

If I plug the battery it will turn on with the only remaining percent. 
If I plug the charger it won't even charge and the power led doesn't light up.

Then, if I remove the battery leaving only the charger laptop won't turn on and the power led blinks 3 times. What 3 blinks from power led mean?

I've already done discharging by holding the power button for 15-30 seconds and even 1 minute. I tried resitting my ram and no results. Tried everything I can do but its a no go. I also bought a new charger, results is a no again.

My battery is almost empty at 28% and still decreasing if my laptop is not in use.

Though if I plug in the charger and the battery at the same time the battery will not decrease a single percent.

Please reply to this post if you know any different solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I fixed it myself, I discharged the laptop 5 times 30 seconds each. And let it plugged for 4-6 hours and the power led came back on and not blinking anymore when pressing the power button.
All works well now, thanks for the suggestion tho...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@PaulNarzabal,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that your HP Pavilion 15-n019ax Notebook PC does not charge and also the power LED blinks 3 times.

This issue could occur if the BIOS is not updated.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: HP Notebook System BIOS Update

If the issue persists, then you may need to contact the HP phone support for further assistance at the link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
I fixed it myself, I discharged the laptop 5 times 30 seconds each. And let it plugged for 4-6 hours and the power led came back on and not blinking anymore when pressing the power button.
All works well now, thanks for the suggestion tho...
HP Recommended

@PaulNarzabal,

You are welcome.

I am happy to know that the issue has resolved.

I also appreciate your time and patience.

Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

It was a pleasure assisting you. You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended
@Rainbow23: It is good suggestion to update bios. But if laptop does not boot at all then how can i download bios update file and run it? How do i update bios without booting ? Is there a way?
I am facing this issue since last night.
Can you please tell me some resolution. I am sending this msg from my mobile if anyone is curious to know.
HP Recommended

Hi, I have a pavilion M6, and I am facing the same problem, power socket Led is blibking 3 times when i try to power up the machine, when i unplug the adaptor it does not blink nor power, I tried ur method of a hard rest several time diconnecting the batttery and pressing the power button for 15, 30sec, 1 and 2 minutes, nothing happened. now I see that you presented a solution to update the bios, well how am I supposed to do that if it won't power up?

PS: this machine is an offline machine, in case you thought its a recent software issue.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

The reaction is a very late however people like me looking for answers are still reading this thread.

Stumbling upon your possible "solution"as an HP support agent  in the situation of an not booting laptop I was astonished to see your suggestion.

Anyone who  just thinks a bit logical can understand that updating a BIOS of an non booting laptop is impossible, or one must flash the bios chip with an eeprom writer.

HP Recommended

@PaulNarzabal What do you mean you discharged it? I don't understand. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.