Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Try getting it back to a state where it has the functionality as you did before, and then follow this:

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to-prevent-windows-from-automatically-updating-specific-drivers...

This should stop windows from wiping out your changes on reboot by denying driver changes for the touchpad.

HP Recommended

Thanks. I have it working again. Ill try that. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for reporting this critical issue!

I was thinking about buying a HP Spectre x360, but fortunately I found this thread before.

How can a new laptop from 2017 not have a precision touchpad?

HP seems to be far behind state of the art technology and users' needs.

How pathetic and inexcusable.

Is this hack still working?

I read somewhere that the creators update would break it.

HP Recommended
I can confirm it still works post creators update.
HP Recommended
To elaborate a bit. Do not use the group policy driver restriction hack I posted above from howtogeek. Instead, after you installed the hacked driver, if windows auto updates you need to open device manager and roll back the driver and then reboot. That will ensure you stay on the hacked driver. Windows shouldn't attempt to auto update it again after that point. I may put together a more comprehensive tutorial on this.
HP Recommended

That's useful information. Thank you!

Anyways this service and support by HP is despicable.

HP Recommended

@fkbreitl

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@sandytechy20 Oh, that's nice. Thank you!

HP Recommended

and? Did HP actually contact you regarding this issue? I will have a brand new spectre x360 showing up on my door tomorrow and this completely baffles me that there is not an option for this in the driver.

HP Recommended

Yes, someone contacted me asking for my contact details, serial number, etc. and wanted to forward this information to somebody else. Let's see what comes out from this. I don't expect too much because all information is already in this discussion, in case they want to fix the driver. I don't see what my other information will add to this.

My Spectre arrived on Wednesday and I am testing it now with the precision driver.

So far it seems like

- pinch zoom is still active after I disabled it and it often goes wild and zooms unintentionally

- three finger taps and swipes are sometimes missed (I use the most sensitive settings already)

- the pointer speed is too slow by a factor of 2 (I use the fastest settings already)

- click resilience is too high by about 50%

- three finger gestures stopped working after some time and I had to reboot to get them working again

- two finger scrolling always show a little scroll bar, which I don't know how to disable

So there is quite some room for improvement.

My HP Elitebook 840 G4 touchpad works better.

If anybody knows how to fix any of these problems above, especially how to disable the pinch zoom, please let me know.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.