Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-07-2017 12:04 PM
Try getting it back to a state where it has the functionality as you did before, and then follow this:
This should stop windows from wiping out your changes on reboot by denying driver changes for the touchpad.
02-11-2018 02:36 AM
Thank you very much for reporting this critical issue!
I was thinking about buying a HP Spectre x360, but fortunately I found this thread before.
How can a new laptop from 2017 not have a precision touchpad?
HP seems to be far behind state of the art technology and users' needs.
How pathetic and inexcusable.
Is this hack still working?
I read somewhere that the creators update would break it.
02-11-2018 11:59 AM
02-12-2018 11:37 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.
They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.
Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).
I am an HP Employee
02-16-2018 02:32 PM
Yes, someone contacted me asking for my contact details, serial number, etc. and wanted to forward this information to somebody else. Let's see what comes out from this. I don't expect too much because all information is already in this discussion, in case they want to fix the driver. I don't see what my other information will add to this.
My Spectre arrived on Wednesday and I am testing it now with the precision driver.
So far it seems like
- pinch zoom is still active after I disabled it and it often goes wild and zooms unintentionally
- three finger taps and swipes are sometimes missed (I use the most sensitive settings already)
- the pointer speed is too slow by a factor of 2 (I use the fastest settings already)
- click resilience is too high by about 50%
- three finger gestures stopped working after some time and I had to reboot to get them working again
- two finger scrolling always show a little scroll bar, which I don't know how to disable
So there is quite some room for improvement.
My HP Elitebook 840 G4 touchpad works better.
If anybody knows how to fix any of these problems above, especially how to disable the pinch zoom, please let me know.