Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s194nr (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I wanted to update my computer to Windows 11 (currently it is 10) but unfortunately, my processor is outdated. Is it possible for me to upgrade my processor without having to get a new laptop? Would it be cheaper to buy a new laptop instead?

Thank you,
ExtraColdRamen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to upgrade your notebook's processor to support W11.

1. The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be removed.

2. There are no motherboards offered by HP that have Intel 8th gen core processors.

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui...

If you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11 22H2.

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, you wouldn't be able to upgrade your notebook's processor to support W11.

1. The processor is an integral part of the motherboard and cannot be removed.

2. There are no motherboards offered by HP that have Intel 8th gen core processors.

HP Pavilion x360 Convertible PC (model numbers: 13-s000 through 13-s099) Maintenance and Service Gui...

If you are interested in installing W11 on your PC as is, you can read this discussion for how I upgraded several HP and Dell notebook and desktop PC's that did not meet the W11 hardware requirements to W11 22H2.

Re: Issues upgrading to windows 11 - HP Support Community - 8517912

If the in-place upgrade fails, you should be able to clean install W11 using the bootable W11 installation flash drive you made with Rufus.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, Paul! I think I will just invest in a new laptop but thank you for the advice and solutions.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.