Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Envy M6-AQ103DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have to replace the display touchscreen of an Envy M6-AQ103DX, P/N W2K45UAR#ABA, refurnished. The part number on the display is 844164-AA4, and also LTN156HL07-H01; it seems it has 2 part numbers (the last one could it be a Samsung number?) Both numbers are diferent to the ones that are in the Maintenance and Service Guide, c05098448; could this be possible because it is a refurnished equipment? Which part number would be the correct one? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

All the same; all suitable. Buy on price

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

15.6" diagonal FHD IPS UWVA multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass (1920 x 1080)

15.6-in, FHD, BV, Slim 856811-001

Above is the HP Part number for the whole display assembly

Manual 

You can actually find the display panel using the manufacturer part number or the HP number. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LTN156HL07-H01-HP-Envy-X360-M6-AQ-15-AQ-15T-AQ-15-FHD-LCD-Touch-Screen-Asse...

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Thank you very much Huffer for your repply, it clarifies my problem, but can I  ask you some more questions?

Why are there several part numbers? 856811-001 is the HP number? And LTN156HL07-H01? What about 844164-AA4?

What does FHD, BV, Slim stand for?

Please forgive my curiosity.

HP Recommended

FHD is resolution 1920 x 1080 BV means Brightview aka glossy as opposed to matte and slim is the thickness of the panel. All those other numbers are applied by the panel maker in this case Samsung. The HP Part number actually designates the whole screen housing with plastics and the webcam...whole thing. HP does not make screens. I have replaced hundreds of laptop screens and I always source replacement panels based on the screen maker's numbers....gives a wider number of products to choose from and keeps the cost down. 

HP Recommended

Thanks again. So I understand that LTN156HL06-H01 is the Samsung number which I must look for, and what about 844164-AA4 that appears on the bottom right side? I attach photos. I can search for both numbers? Once again thanks a lotIMG_20200829_133208.jpgIMG_20200829_133243.jpg

HP Recommended

The LTN number in lower right or the HP Part number are the best ways to search. It is how that panel is recognized in the industry. 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

All the same; all suitable. Buy on price

HP Recommended

I will proceed as you say, thanks a lot! You have been very kind, patient and educational.👍👏

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.