cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
user134
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

RTS/Cmos battery replacement

HP Recommended
hp-14-dk1003dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer doesn't turn on for a few days and then after that it works for a few hours. Whenever it starts working it says something about a Cmos reset. I have tried to locate the cmos battery to replace it but can't find it I already tried to replace the normal battery and that worked fora  few days and then stopped. I don't know what to do my computer is a hp-14-dk1003dx. 

3 REPLIES 3
resistencia
Level 7
Level 7
248 244 29 239
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear @user134 

The RTC battery is incorporated into the normal battery.

If you have already exchanged it for a new one. Try entering the BIOS by pressing the F10 key several times, then press F9 (default values) and then F10 save. Check if the error is no longer displayed.

1 person found this reply helpful
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
user134
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, I don't see CMOS reset screen but I don't know if it fixed the problem of it not working correctly.

resistencia
Level 7
Level 7
248 244 29 239
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Probably the problem is solved if there is more CMOS error, it happens that the BIOS sometimes does not make a good reading when changing the battery.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation