Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi AxshunJaxun,

Thanks for the reply and information, after hours (and I mean hours) investigating this, I managd to source the correct replacement part number for 687530-001 which is not available in the UK.

This actual part number in the UK is 574638-001, this includes the DC cable and travel adaptor block, managed to get this from Bits'n'PCs an HP UK reseller.  It cost £80 ($120) , so I unfortunately had to shelve out all this money for a DC cable as that is the only bit that is broken.

After this experience getting hold of this part and a couple of other problems with HP UK and the machine itself, I will never buy another HP ever again.  It is ridiculous that a customer has to go through all this pain just to get a replacement part.

Hope the information helps any other poor souls who have a year old laptop that they can't charge.

Cheers

AIMac

HP Recommended

Hi,

I saw in the forum that you might know what is going on with the sound issue. I facing almost the same as the guy who said that sound played alongside with the headset and speaker. My problem is not as complicated maybe. I plug in my headset and found that i can only hear sound from skype and any other communication application. I tried surfing youtube on google chrome, there isn't any sound, i tried playing on WM player, there's no sound too. Finally i try using IE surfing youtube, fortunately there's sound. Does this means that i can't watch movie from any player using a headset?

Please help, i have been trying many times.

The info of my laptop as follow.

Product name HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC Product number WY314PA#AB4 Serial number[Personal Information Removed] BIOS (Configuration) F.03 - 04/02/2010 ( 048E100000242B10000020000 ) Keyboard revision KBC Version 58.1A Total memory 4.00 GB Processor name Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz (2533 MHz)

HP Recommended

Hi Lacasis. The product number (WY314PA#AB4) you provided isn't showing any results. Can you double check the number? What version of Windows are you running? Are you using USB headphones, or 3.5mm headphone jack headphones?

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have gone through the same thing with an HP Envy 14 Ultrabook (spectre) 3210nr - already bought one that didn't fit. Only option is to order directly from HP. But - mine ordered in 3 parts. Be sure to specify if you need the brick, cord from power to brick, or cord from brick to laptop. And they aren't cheap - over $150 for all three parts.

Cord from brick to laptop - $65 incl. shipping

Cord from wall to brick - $27 incl. shipping

Brick - $81 incl. shipping

HP Recommended
AIMac - just went through the same thing with my hp envy 14 ultrabook 3210nr - bought one - tip would not fit in charge port - so had to order from hp only i needed the whole thing - over $150. my part number is 693716-001 - probably have to call hp to verify part # - you will need serial #, product #, model # - all were on label on battery under bottom cover - hope this helps
HP Recommended

Looking for the exact same Part, but I'm in Switzerland. Would be really happy if HP could find a way to make this available since I really don't want to spend something like 80$ on the full power brick... Anyone have any tips as to where I could get the cable?

HP Recommended
Why not go to a hobbyist store a buy a similar sized jack? It looks about 1.8mm from photo shown. Anyone know the exact size of the jack?
HP Recommended

So did any of you find this part for cheaper elsewhere. I called HP and they said it's $78 just for the cable from the brick to the computer. I broke the tip too. 

HP Recommended

I was wrong.  It's not a standard size!!

HP Recommended

Was this issue ever resolved? I have a dead laptop. I need to cable that goes from the power charger brick to laptop charger port.I have been told by HP tech support the part listed in nthis thread687530-001 is the INTERNAL laptop port (conneects to motherboard) NOT the cable from port to charger, even though it is listed as such.. I have spent many, many many hours on phone.I am now at 11 charger/cords sent from HP, online computer stores and local experts.Not one fits my laptop  charger port. so beyond frustrated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.