Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Omen I5-ce003na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello room...

My son's laptop (HP Omen Model I5-ce003na) screen is broken, his brother threw something at him an broke screen. I was wondering can I upgrade it to UHD, it's a 30 pin model atm, model no B156HAN04.2...

What are my options... can I go 4k.. I would like to surprise him with an upgrade instead of just a replacement.?

Looking a bit more into it I realize it looks like I can change the 40 to 30 pin cable for a 40 to 40 pin edp.. found this on your hp forums:  https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Omen-15-dc0008nw-Display-Re...

I also been looking at some more panels from same manu, if I can change the cable (which I think I can , looks like anyway) to 40 to 40 pin connection maybe I can I put in a B156ZAN05.1 UHD 120hz .. or at least maybe a B156ZAN05.0 500cd UHD 60hz ??

Could I have the HP pn no of the correct cable pls... and maybe pn's for screen options too ?

All help is greatly appreciated, thanks an kind regards from Dublin 🙂

JayMc

Edit: Also while I'm at it I might as well upgrade the Wifi Card if poss.. can I get a list of upgrades that are on the whitelist for his Omen pls including pn's cheers ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Would anyone any  information / experience with this pls ? 

Am I in the right room for this question ?

Cheers

HP Recommended

@jaymcs

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

FYI for anyone else interested.. it did not work.. I tried the original HP cable 40 to 40pin but HP must have modified the pin out on the board or the cable for the mike an camera.. as it would not light up screen even though it's same voltage etc, it was not as long as original cable either it wouldn't have reached but I tested it none the less jus for pig iron an it did not light up.

Cheers, JayMc

@ Echo_Lake .. I still do not know which model of the wifi I can use I read somewhere it can be upgraded to WIFI AX but not sure exactly which model of the Intel Dual WIfi card to purchase ???  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.