Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Envy Dv7 NoteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, My Envy Dv7 (SerialNo: [Personal Information Removed]) has lost the screw (back side top left corner, see attached picture). To be able to buy a new one I need to know the dimensions for this screw. I have been in contact with Convena (that handles spear parts for HP devises) they cannot help me with this issue 😞

Best regards /Rickard

HPEnvyMissingScrew.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanx for the information. I have checked the hinge and it is OK.

All I need is the screw.  I consider this issue solved now.

Regards /Rickard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Unfortunately it is more than the screw. Screws do not just fall out. First something has to strip the screwhole. That is usually a hinge problem. In any event if we had the full model number of the laptop we could link you to the manual which does show the dimensions of all chassis screws, and the correct hinge part numbers. 

HP Recommended

Ok,
Is the product number enough?
It is: D2H50EA#UUW

Regards /Rickard

HP Recommended

dv7-7305eo

Manual

See p. 64. Chassis screws are:

Phillips PM2.5×8.5 screws

You can get a whole set for less than $5 on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-HP-Pavillion-DV7-7000-Set-Of-Screws-Screwsset-Assembly-/152082096604...

As I said you are going to find that the screw even when replaced will not stay put. You likely also need to replace these:

Display Hinge Kit (includes left and right hinges and brackets) 681977-001

http://www.amazon.com/Bestcompu-DV7t-7200-681977-001-34-4SU02-01X-34-4SU02-02X/dp/B00MN9Y2KK/ref=sr_...

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

For DV7, the screw kit spare part number is 681992-001.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for choosing HP laptop.

chao33.

I am a hp employee.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanx for the information. I have checked the hinge and it is OK.

All I need is the screw.  I consider this issue solved now.

Regards /Rickard

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.