Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre X360 15.6 Early 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

UPDATE 20170520

Good news, HP released a new firmware which basically fixed the touch delay issue, there's still a bit of delay compared to Microsoft Surfaces or even VAIO Flip 15. You can download the firmware at the link below (Under "Firmware" sub-category). However the firmware update does NOT solve the compatiblity issue with older NTrig pens (from Sony VAIO era), and the Spectre digitizer still does NOT respect the Windows "ignore touch input whem I'm using my pen" settings.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372/mo...

UPDATE 20170410:

HP China Customer Service just gave me some good news, HP US is aware of this issue and has been working on a firmware update to solve the problem, the firmware is expected to be released by the end of this April. I will be given a link once the update goes live. Sooo....fingers crossed, the HP Spectre might be one step closer to be the perfect Windows laptop

🙂

UPDATE 20170327:

I uploaded a video demostrating this issue, here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laLYqBeHqDs&t=10s

ORIGINAL POST CONTINUES:

Got my Spectre X360 15.6 2017 edition few days ago and immediately notice this very annoying issue. In short, the touch function is disabled for about 2 seconds after using the pen, which means everytime when you finish writing something with the pen, you have to wait for about 2 seconds before the touch screen responds to your finger input. 

This is really annoying, it slows down my workflow dramatically. And I have never experienced this kind of issue before on any other devices using NTrig digitizer, and I have used a lot NTrig devices (Fujistu 550, HTC Flyer, Sony Vaio Duos, Vaio Flips, Microsoft Surfaces). But I did noticed similar issues on some Wacom AES devices like the Thinkpad Yoga 14. I do remember HP mentioned somewhere that the pen uses Universal Windows Pen protocol, Is this part of the new protocol?

Anyway, please please please, HP! Fix this problem and release a firmware update ASAP, I really like the Spectre X360, You guys did a good job in general, but this is a deal breaker, I would hate to send it back.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

UPDATE 20170520

Good news, HP released a new firmware which basically fixed the touch delay issue, there's still a bit of delay compared to Microsoft Surfaces or even VAIO Flip 15. You can download the firmware at the link below (Under "Firmware" sub-category). However the firmware update does NOT solve the compatiblity issue with older NTrig pens (from Sony VAIO era), and the Spectre digitizer still does NOT respect the Windows "ignore touch input whem I'm using my pen" settings.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-bl000-x360-convertible-pc/13823372/mo...

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42
HP Recommended

@simpleatsh,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with your Spectre X360 wherein the pen is not working properly.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

And here's the step by step guide for you in the link: Touchscreen Compatibility with Pen and Stylus

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

Your response and the provided documentation, DOES NOT address the issue raised in the original post.

Someone from HP needs to actually read the content of the message in full and provide an actual response, not just a link to irrelevant pen compatibility information.

I've found multiple posts online discussing this flawed implementation but have yet to find any solution (both when using the hp branded pen that shipped with the unit and other 3rd party pens, compatibility is not the issue here). ex.

https://www.reddit.com/r/stylus/comments/60r83e/windows_touch_input_delay_after_using_active/

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-spectre-x360-owners-thread-2017.802304/page-2

This "feature" seems to be intentional, it would be fine if this were simply a default but the lack of ability to remove/alter this setting is frustrating and rather dumb. I agree that it is a deal breaker and if there is no solution I'll be returning my unit as well.

HP Recommended

Hi @jabberwock_e

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. \

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
i was going to buy this laptop and I was wondering if this problem has been resolved.
HP Recommended

Synesthesiae, I am sorry to inform you that the problem is NOT resolved yet at the moment of writing, we will have to wait for a firmware or driver update issued either from HP or Microsoft (Ntrig) to correct this odd behavior.

HP China did contact me regarding this issue (since I am from Shanghai China and many thanks to Jeff for elevating this problem), the nice folks from HP China customer services tried their best, but since this model is developed in the US and not yet available on the Chinese market, I doubt there's much they can do to help. I did put in a request to bounce this issue back to their US colleagues.

HP Recommended

I just canceled my 15" Spectre X360 order from Bestbuy.  Please fix this problem!

HP Recommended

HP China Customer Service just gave me some good news, HP US is aware of this issue and has been working on a firmware update to solve the problem, the firmware is expected to be released by the end of this April. I will be given a link once the update goes live. Sooo....fingers crossed, the HP Spectre might be one step closer to be the perfect Windows laptop

🙂

HP Recommended

Hello All,

Since you are facing issue with your notebook Spectre X360 2017 Touch Input Delays / Disables for 2 Seconds after Using Pen, please click on the web link given below should be able to help you to resolve the issue on your unit.

HP Spectre 15-bl000 x360 Convertible PCs - Touchscreen Response is Delayed 2 Seconds After Using Sty...

Let us know how it goes!

*Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
* Click on "Purple Thumbs up" button to the left side of my post to say thanks!

Regards
Ahmed
HP Recommended

I have this same issue with the Spectre X360 2017 13" with 4K UHD screen (model AC033DX).  Do you know if there will be a fix for this model too?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.