Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, recommend you try a BIOS recovery and check if it resolves the issue with the touchscreen not working after an incorrect firmware update. Click here for assistance in recovering the BIOS. 

Let me know if the touchscreen starts working for BIOS recovery. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I've already tried the BIOS update and it didn't help... unfortunately, the only thing that can fix our problem is a firmware update or the original one.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, BIOS recovery is different from BIOS update. Please try a BIOS recovery and let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Chimney, I am afraid the BIOS update won't help at all. this issue is the result of the digitizer firmware programming, the system BIOS or UEFI has nothing to do with it.

Somebody at HP / Elon / NTrig thinks it's good idea to have 1.5secs delay and deliberately incorporated the behavior into the firmware, he/she thought it would help the palm rejection which it doesn't , this person would know this if he/she actually knows how active pen digitizer works or at least used NTrig / Elon digitizer before. I am not pointing finger at any engineer or product manager, but this issue has caused a lot people quite some trouble. I had to return whole batch of Spectre X2 and ENVY X360 due to this issue, our sales team and client were seriously annoyed by the delay.
HP Recommended

Greetings @simpleatsh

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Greetings @Anderson-T

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking for a firmware update for the touchscreen of your computer, is that right?

Kudos to you for trying to troubleshoot the issue on your own.

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Your concern has been escalated to the concerned team within HP.
I'm awaiting their reply as the solution needs to be validated by them before I could have it sent out,
To ensure I'm providing a total fix, I would request you to wait for 72hrs while I reach out to them.
And Keep you updated about the same.
In the meantime, please be patient.
I appreciate your time.

Regards, 

Hi ,

I'm wondering if you heard back from the HP team or if you have any news for me

HP Recommended

, hello....? :Crying: :Crying:

HP Recommended

Greetings @Anderson-T,

Thanks for contacting me, I do see that the concerned team has sent you a private message on HP Forums requesting information. 

Request you login on HP Forums page, check for the private message (inbox on the top right-corner) and reply that private message with the requested information. 

Hope this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20170830-230327.pngChimney_83, thank you for your reply.

As you can see in the attached picture, I haven't received any messages

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, 

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.