Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Glad to hear they helped you out.  They didn't offer the same courtesy to me.  Since there are many others that have had this problem, I would hope they could see there is a problem with this product and fix all of them free of charge, especially since they cost $1200.00!

HP Recommended

I am glad to hear they helped you out.  Unfortunately, they did not offer the same courtesy to me.  I hope they will see that there are alot of other customers having the same issue with such an expensive product.  HP should offer the same courtesy to all the customers having this issue especially since this product holds a $1200 price tag.  

HP Recommended

{edit: my uploaded picture was removed so I am uploading it again. Intentional?}

I have the same HP model and mine had the exact same problem. There are several threads in this forum with the same problem. HP needs to take care of us as this is an obvious defect right from the start.  Picture of my burned out component below: 

IMG_5390.jpeg

This is a potentially dangerous flaw and I hope HP takes it seriously. The laptop smelled very burned and a paper label inside was charred. If this had caught fire it could have started a house fire in my daughter's bedroom! 

HP Recommended

I just sent you a PM. 

HP Recommended

I recently had same experience with my spectre x360 13-4003DX as you. I purchased it in December 2015. Few days ago the laptop's motherboard burnt.

1.jpg2.jpg 

HP Recommended

My unit had been out of warranty for 7 mos. when the motherboard died.  I contacted HP and not only did they deny that they weren't aware of any issues aroud this model (though this problem is posted all over the internet), but that the best they could do was to repair the model for nearly the purchase price.  Obviously this is a faulty model, but HP has decided to take the low road around this problem.

I'm seeing few posts where their laptops were repaired with no costs.  There seems to be inconsistency in HPs handling of this issue.

I'd like to hear from an HP agent who can provide a fair solution to this.

I would very much appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Hi @SC56,

Thank you for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @

Please, can you escalate my case to HP’s Support Team.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I had given up on getting mine fixed about last June or July. Mine just decided not to turn on again one day. After watching the plethra of people trying to find some relief from this defective product (mine died 13 months after purchase) and no recall issued, I really just wrote off HP altogether. If there is now some sort of response happening to address this obvious defect, I'd like to hear from someone at HP that be providing more than "its out of warranty". When I was told that last summer, I just issued a declaration in our house, no HP products allowed. I was more than mad...I paid roughly $1,500 for the thing, treated it with gold standard care and got left with something too expensive to repair. Is there some accountability happening here now? I'd like to know, thanks.

HP Recommended

Mine had indeed burnt through the sticker on the inside like the above ones, and all credit to HP I was lucky enough to be contacted within an hour from HP support in California, escalated with the UK support team the next morning, and after a little wait of about 2-3 weeks, I now have it back, repaired for free outside of its original warranty.

I know some people haven't been so lucky, it seems the level of response is quite random.  It's obviously an issue across the entire Spectre range, and I worry now that without redesign, the replacement motherboards will eventually go bang the exact same way. Imagine having a laptop you can't trust...

By then I'll probably be ready for an upgrade, but despite having been lucky enough to receive good customer service, I can't say I'll look at HP with the same confidence again unless they do the right thing and issue a proper recall.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.