Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

HP Representative was going to contact me but it never did, still waiting. This manufacturing issue needs to be acknowledged  by HP.

HP Recommended

Again, just so everyone is clear and there is no confusion:

THE 'HELP' FROM THE HP SUPPORT REPRESENTATIVES THAT ARE CONTACTING US ARE QUOTING US A $700 FIX FOR THEIR DEFECTIVE LAPTOP

These posts are just PR posts to make it look like we're being helped for their defective laptops. I was fooled into thinking they would replace their laptop defect free of charge (LESS THAN 2 YEARS OLD!) but nope, they'll attempt to 'ask their manager' if they can waive this $700 fee but in the end, they won't.

Dell + Apple products only people.

HP Recommended

I'm in the same boat, they offer me a 40% discount on whatever is the total amount, wich starts in $700, I agree if it was my fault, but this is very consistent HP issue.  so annoying, HP should recall all the laptops with this issue, it can be a fire hazard.

HP Recommended

Just an update for anyone in the future: still no update, still no support other than paying $700

HP Recommended

I may finally have the answer as to why HP is so inconsistent with their response to this problem: it has to do with the department that deals with the issue.

In my case, the laptop burned up and left a smoky smell in my daughter's bedroom. I certainly emphasized my safety concerns when communicating on this forum and with HP. Bottom line is that I was contacted by a risk manager from HP's health & safety department and my laptop was fixed and back to me within a week. No cost to me.

If you just call in and want it fixed, probably will not get the same response as a different department will handle the case.

HP Recommended
I have 4005dx and my chip failed once within the warranty and the motherboard after warranty. It took them almost 6 months to get the part. And now again my motherboard has failed. Hopefully hp can do the right thing to keep me as a customer. My last 2 or 3 computers were hp.
HP Recommended
I thought ithat was 350 for the motherboard.
HP Recommended

They did the same to me for my x360, with the same issue. Nearly two weeks of no contact. Then when I siad they ignored me for two weeks they sent me a quote for £200 more after what this machine has cost me. This is terrible service. 

HP Recommended

Greetings @freemanats

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options, if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
HP escalations department handled this for me and replaced my motherboard free of charge. Message support on forums for a case escalation and they will be in touch!

^5 HP! Overnighted shipping repaired in 3 days and shipped back. Excellent service

They should've issued a recall call in my opinion however They replaced the motherboard so I'm happy
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.