Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
You've been very lucky. I'm being passed pillar to post and the only person I feel is trying to do something is a support guy Jeff. The rest have just left me hanging.
HP Recommended

Can you show me where I can do that? I message one of the support agent and he told me to create a thread to seek for solution.

HP Recommended

It has been months and I just have a defective laptop seating next to me. HP please replace my mother board, It doesn't make sense to pay to replace the mother board, I have one more HP laptop, now in need of one for me and one for my son but I will never trust or recommend HP products again.

HP Recommended

Write the Consumer Product Safety Commission.   https://www.cpsc.gov/

Look to the right margin and click "report an unsafe product". 

The motherboard of these laptops are scorching and burning.  Definitely a safety hazard ala Samsung phones.

HP Recommended
Will do the guy handling my case closed the case again. I've had it now
HP Recommended

For those of you having trouble getting their laptop fixed, I will repost relevant info:

I was able to get my laptop fixed quickly at no charge. 

Why do some people get their laptops fixed for free and other not?

Because you have to go through the Health & Safety department at HP.

How do you get a risk manager to contact you to go through this department?

You need to stress the safety concerns you have (we are talking burning, smoking and on fire laptops here!) not just say your laptop does not work when talking to the rep that responds to you. Start you own post if needed and stress these issues. Tell your story. Mention the smoky smell that lingered in your home when the laptop failed.

Good luck to you all!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information.  Do you have an email or phone number that you used for the Health and Safety Department?  All the information I have found just refers you to Customer Service.

Thanks acepaul.

HP Recommended

No, there is no specific phone number to call. You need to express your safety concerns on this forum and get the HP rep to funnel you to that department.

HP Recommended

Success!!!  I finally had someone from HP call me and rectify the issue.

They are taking care of the fix and making it right and they are covering the costs.  As it should be.

I think being the squeeky wheel paid off. 

Good luck to the rest of you.  Be the squeeky wheel!

HP Recommended

Milligan, after you get an email from the rep that contacted you, let us know what department they are from. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.