Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

How do you tell which series you have?

When I bought it, then Pen was one of the big selling points by the sales dude...

I have HP Spectre x360 - 13-4196ms 

HP Recommended

I'm not sure what you're asking. You already have your model number, which is of the older 2015/2016 Spectre x360 with thick side bezels, not the 2017 version. That model is compatible with a Synaptics pen, available from HP. I suggest you speak with HP support to find which pen your model supports.

Your model is neither the AC-series nor the W-series, as those model numbers are only used on the refreshed 2016/2017 Spectre x360s with thin side bezels.

For reference, my Spectre x360 is the AC-series because the model number is "13-AC0XX."

HP Recommended

I found a compatibility link ... and purchased the correct pen ...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05166879

HP Recommended

Me too I'm afraid. A w023. Most disappointing.
Can it be upgraded with a new screen?

HP Recommended

@tazzydemon

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you want to know if the device can be upgraded with a new screen,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Which product are you referring to, considering the thread you've selected is all about stylus compatibility?

While you respond, if you wish to get replacement parts, you may always check the parts on the HP Parts Surfer: Click here

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Eager to help!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It is

X7V20UA#ABA

Its great in every other way but I really wanted a pen.

HP Recommended

@tazzydemon

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

You can always get a passive pen and use it with any touchscreen laptop, irrespective of brand, model or product.

Instead of an Active pen that works with only certain compatible products.

Keep me posted for further assistance 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Snag is that Im a web developer and do graphics too. Pressure sensitive Pen capability is one of the reasons I chose this product. I check on the forums first.

I note that the w0xx devices are now almost worthless on the local trade boards - and thats pretty irritating.  Ok almost wortless is an overstatement but they are half the original price. This is not HPs finest hour and I feel a bit conned.

HP Recommended

@tazzydemon

Thank you for replying with the details.

I needed the clarity and to let you know, I also found this related post that seems to have helped others regarding the w0xx devices:
Click here for information.

Let me know how that works out,

And If you have any other concerns please keep me in the loop and Good luck! 😉

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I  had read that before ordering my laptop in december.

However it IS WRONG AND SOMEBPODY AT HP SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER

That is why I am so dissatisfied. Note the last comment on that threas posted in January:

"I just received my stylus and while it pairs, there is no interaction with the actual pen touching the glass. $1500 HP laptop that doesn't work with an HP pen! Jeez"

I think a fair number of purchasers feell completely cheated by this. How do I escalate it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.