Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
ProBook 455 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I was excited to see in the new versions of the HP bios that there is an option to enable a maximum charge of 80% in an effort to extend the usable service life of the notebook battery.   I enabled the "maximize battery health" option in the BIOS of my 1-month old ProBook 455 G6 notebook.  However since doing so, HP Support Assistant is now indicating that my battery  has failed and to seek replacement immediately.   I only receive this error when the laptop is plugged in.  If I unplug my laptop, the error goes away.  If I set the BIOS back to "maximize battery duration" the error also goes away.   I have not been able to duplicate this on Probook 450 G4's we have in our fleet, just this 455 G6 so far.   Is this a bug in the Support Assistant software, or do I really have an issue with my battery?   The BIOS hardware diagnostics do not indicate the same battery failure when I run that. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DanE33

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you, however I am unable to reply to the private message that was sent to me.  I am receiving this error:

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

I have never sent a private message until I tried replying to the one I received.    I checked the sent folder and confirmed that no message went out when I tried to send.  

HP Recommended

Posting another reply as I can't send PM's again.   It's difficult to troubleshoot over private messages when there's so many restrictions in place!  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.