Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am planning to buy following 21:9 (2560 * 1080) Ultra Wide monitor: LG-29UM69G

I wanted to confirm whether my laptop will support it or not. 

If yes, then will there be any performance issues? My laptop screen has max resolution of 1366*768, will its hardware be able to power a 2560*1080 resolution display.

Thank You

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@mirass 

What is your HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC ? How do you plan to connect them ? Many HP Pavilion 15 machines which are over 1 year old only have HDMI port which support 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz only.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM: 8GB

GC1: NVIDIA GeForce 830M 

GC2: Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

For current processor, Intel Website claims that it can support following resolutions.

HP Support.png

My laptop only have one HDMI port, and laptop is 4 years old so I am guessing it is HDMI 1.4 ( Can it be 2.0? , can't find the version on its model specifications online.)

As seen above, CPU claims to support 2560*1600@60hz, does that mean my laptop also supports 2560*1080@60hz(21:9).

What if, I don't extend the screen, instead use the monitor as the only screen. (Less load on CPU i guess).

HP Recommended

@mirass wrote:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz

@mirass 

Intel and HP are TWO different companies. What is your machine ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Umm, didn't really get it.

Its HP Pavilion Notebook -15-p206tx, which uses a intel i5-5200 CPU.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.