Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just received a new HP laptop for one of my coworkers. As is my usual procedure, I did a clean install of the latest WIndows 10 operating system. Unfortunately the Synaptics TouchPad is not recognized. It does not show up in Device Manager and there are no "unknown" devices either. I have downloaded and attempted to install the driver manually using HP's support site but the hardware isn't being recognized. I know the pad works as I can use it when navigating in BIOS and when the keyboard lights dim from being inactive I can touch the pad and they brighten up. Windows however does not seem to want to acknowledge its existence. My Google queries keep showing people having problems with the unit disabling itself or resetting features but none that seem to reference it not even appearing in Windows. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Had the same issue. Need to install Intel chipset driver: Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Had the same issue. Need to install Intel chipset driver: Intel Serial IO Driver - Comet Lake

HP Recommended

This was definitely the solution. Thanks so much!

HP Recommended

Did work for me 👌

Weird also, with a clean install windows 10 stick , you need a external mouse to make it happen.

until you install the intel serial IO driver, touchpad back online.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;0 rows returned
HP Recommended

I downloaded Intel Chipset Device Software for Comet Lake but it doesn't install, it says installation is no longer applicable.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.