Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-4136nl (X3L36EA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My touchpad buttons stopped working some months ago, I already tried troubleshooting via Synaptics software, so I think it's some kind of a hardware problem. I would like to replace the whole module, but I cannot find the serial code, even in HP PartSurfer (screenshot attached). I'm outside warranty period coverage and I'm prone to do the repair myself (I have experience in disassembling and upgrading laptops and I had to solve an issue with the hinge in this product last year), but I'm looking for a little help in finding the original part code or even a compatible one.

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried troubleshooting with the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility?

Press the power button and immediately tap the F2 key to invoke the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI utility.

Select and click on Component Tests and then select Mouse/Touchpad. Click on Pointer Test,  it will enable you to test the touchpad buttons

The tests are at the firmware level . If the tests pass you will know that reinstalling the touchpad software should resolve the issue.

The touchpad driver software is located at the document in the hyperlink below this line.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/84...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this test confirmed my doubts. The issue seems to be at the hardware level.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.