Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

As was said earlier, the maximum charging power that USC type C can currently provide is 100 W. The CPU/GPU combo in your laptop has a TDP of 65W, and can pull more than that, along with what is required to power the rest of laptop, screen, I/O, etc. you're way over what the 65W that the Anker charger could ever deliver. I would imagine that you would need the full 100 W possible via USB type C. There are 90W-100W USB type C chargers available, including one from HP for the Intel/Nvidia version of your laptop which you could try if all you want is charging via USB C. Many people have reported that the new versions of the Spectre X360, Late 2017 onward, do accept thrid party chargers, although they give a warning. They do not seem to be very tolerant of lower power chargers, however.

HP Recommended

Keep in mind... The problem with Lisa's reviews is that she does not mention the which Full Model Number she is using, rather just the parts. That last review was a machine modified by CUKUSA, not directly stock from HP.

HP Recommended

Hi all ! :generic:

I have tested 4 different USB-C chargers from 30W to 60W and they all worked with my new HP Spectre x360 15-ch000nf (MX150 / I7-8550U / 8Go RAM / 1To SSD) in both the classical USB-C and Thunderbold 3 ports ! Each time I plug any of this charger I have a warning message from HP telling me to only use HP chargers, but just ignoring it and everything work well (chargers and laptop don't heat too much).
Here are the 4 chargers :

• iVoler 75W : 3x USB-A (5V/2.4A) & 1x USB-C (20V/3A).
  • Inateck USB-C 60W : 1x USB-C (20V/3A).
  • Aukey 48W : 1x USB-A (5V/2.1A) & 1x USB-C (12V/3A).
  • RavPower 30W : 1x USB-C (20V/1.5A), I got it with the RavPower 26800mAh exrernal USB-C battery but it seems like it is not provided anymore (according to Amazon France at least).

Here is the link of my test where you can check that everything do work :  https://youtu.be/vLKQjpdpTUA

Hope it helped ! :Wink:

HP Recommended

Hi! I have an HP Spectre x360 Convertible 15-ch0xx (the one with Vega graphics) and I've tried a few USB-C chargers with it - mostly it gives a popup that says "For full performance, connect a higher capacity power adapter." and doesn't charge, like the OP, but I figured since this one comes with a 150w charger it actually would just need a higher-powered charger.

So, I picked up an Apple 87W USB-C charger on fleabay for around $30, and whaddaya know! It charges! Gives an error about using genuine HP chargers or whatnot, but it totally works. So for those of you having problems, try a ~90w USB-C charger and see what happens.

That being said, even my phone charger charges it SLOOOOWWWLYYY when it's asleep or turned off, just not when it's awake.

HP Recommended

Hi All,
I'm happy to report that I have now got power over usb-c working!
I purchased a Dell WD15 (180W) having seen a few posts saying that people had got it working. Set up, plugged in, not working.
Then, I upgraded the BIOS on my spectre from v14 to v21. Rebooted a couple of times, and it started to work!
I also applied the hack suggested here to remove the power pop-up (rename "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP System Event\USBCMSG.exe" to "C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP System Event\USBCMSG_bak.exe") and that also worked fine.

So far it has been a great success. As well as the power delivery I have a 1080p monitor, Blu-ray drive, headset and wireless keyboard/mouse receiver. It only takes around 5 seconds to register all the devices from when I plug it in. I haven't had any dropouts or connection issues so far.

The only thing I'd say is slightly annoying is I'm sure I was advised by HP support that this was not possible, as the ports just didn't support usb Power Delivery to charge the Laptop. But overall I'm just happy to have got it working, and to be living the 1 cable dream!

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/dell-180w-wd15-docking-station-452-bcdb/version.asp?refsource=LDadwo...

HP Recommended

Hi all, 

I have a HP Spectre 15t with Vega graphics. If you want a low cost USB-C docking (HUB) working with power delivery for this notebook, I can suggest these items:

- ICZI 10 in 1 USB Type C to HDMI VGA Converter, RJ-45 Ethernet Switch, USB 3.0 Ports, SD/TF Memory Card Reader. You can find this item on Amazon (available in USA and Europe). Cost 50$. The HUB has a VGA (useful for projectors in meeting rooms, where often only VGA is available) and HDMI but limited to 4K 30Hz. Everything works very good, tested all the ports. HDMI and VGA can not be used simultaneously to have 2 different screens, like the more expensive TB3 docking station with Displayport. This is a travel adapter but can be used as docking station on desktop. I bought a USB-C extension cable (male-female) because the hub has a very short cable. It can be used (without power delivery) also with the USB3 port using an adapter (if you need a quick hub for another PC while traveling).

- STAIGO 87W USB-C Power Adapter Supply Charger for MacBook and Pro 13'' 15'' 2015 2016 2017 Laptop Charger with 2M USB-C Charge Cable. Cost 30$. This charger charges perfectly the Vega Spectre (Current Bios F20, drivers updated). Obviously it is not quick charge, but works! The HP message can be disabled (see post above) and the power delivery works also with the USB-C Hub. The HUB is labeled 65W but I don't notice difference in charging time using the charger alone instead of with the HUB. The best thing is that this HUB remains very cold, many cheap hubs can get very hot, expecially with power delivery. Only the cable is a little warm. I bought also an extension cable for the power supply.

I think this is a low cost and very good combination for a single cable setup for office/cad/3d work and travel. For gaming with 4k > 30Hz you need a different product. Whit this HUB and a second USB3 to HDMI converter you can use 2 displays with the HUB, another connected to the notebook and the main screen (maybe in tablet mode). Everything with about 100$.

I hope this information can be useful 

HP Recommended

Bonjour! J'ai trouvé un lien vers votre vidéo via les forums d'assistance HP. Je viens d’acheter un HP Spectre x 360 et je cherche des infos de chargement sur USB c. Votre message sur le forum HP indique que vous avez eu du succès avec un certain nombre de chargeurs USB c. Cependant, malheureusement, je ne parle pas français pour comprendre votre vidéo ... Où les trois chargeurs ont-ils réussi et combien de temps ont-ils pris pour charger le spectre tout en utilisant? Ou ont-ils entretenu la batterie mais pas rechargé?

Merci beaucoup
Glen
HP Recommended

Bonjour! I found a link to your video via hp support forums. I've just bought a hp spectre x360 and looking for usb c charging info. Your hp forum post says you have had success with a number of USB c chargers. However unfortunately I don't speak French to understand your video... Where all three chargers successful, and how long did they take to charge the spectre while using? Or did they maintain the battery but not top it up?

Many thanks

Glen 

HP Recommended

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Community.

German: HP Gemeinschaft
Spanish: HP Comunidad
French: HP Communauté
Portuguese: HP Comunidade
Chinese: HP 社区
Korean: HP 커뮤니티

Thank you for your understanding

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi. 

I. Posted my reply to the wrong comment  I checked out your video but I don't speak French unfortunately ..

How fast did the different charges charge up your spectres 360,or did they just maintain the current power level of the battery? 

Many thanks 

Glen 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.